• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Is Buzzr really necessary?

U

Unregistered

Just came from the Buzzr website. I was under the impression that it would be a channel like the original Game Show Network, in that they would show classic tv games shows. Instead, it looks like a 1990's MTV-styled reboot featuring cut rate versions of older games shows geared to today's 20somethings and the CW crowd.

How long do you think this will last before it crashes and they switch to another format?

Not sure what you were looking at, but the Buzzr official web site just has a "Coming soon" message with very little details. Now they do have a Facebook page, but it looks like they have some youtube channel going, and the new games I believe are on there. Take a look at their wikipedia page if you want to see a list of the actual programming they will have.

Yeah, I'm thinking you've went to the wrong site. Buzzr is slated to show the old Todman/Goodson shows and a couple others currently under the Fremantle umbrella. No worries, unregistered one. You'll be watching Richard Dawson, Bob Barker, and Burt Convy in all their 70s glory soon enough.

The Buzzr (or however it's spelled) digitla presence, including a YouTube channel, is, indeed, fast-paced, lower-budget versions of classic formats. But the subchannel version will be the reruns of the actual TV shows. Both associated with Fremantle, so perhaps it would be less confusing to have created differentiated brands.

Unfortunately, Buzzr is not coming to my area(NEPA region). It's only for major cities.

So, Buzzr = GSN for cord-cutters...

Unfortunately, Buzzr is not coming to my area(NEPA region). It's only for major cities.

So, Buzzr = GSN for cord-cutters...

Actually on Fox O&Os. Ours is WAGA, on ch. 5.3, but their transmitter is too far away (some 35 miles north) and the terrain here is not condusive to decent reception.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom