• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

The Hammer

Hockeyfan

Frequent Participant
Read in yesterday's Sun Sentinel that Hank Goldberg was coming back on WMEN, 640 from 3-7 PM so naturally had to listen to an oldie but a goodie on my way home from work. Still gambling intensive for horse racing and boxing but it was good to hear him back. He seemed to have a small issue determining who the next caller was but that could just be getting used to the system there. Welcome back, Hank.

So this AM, since my radio was on 640, had to listen to Sid Rosenberg "take credit" for getting him back on air, well in all fairness, only partial credit. What a joke Sid is. He thinks he is on a 100,00 Watt station when in fact he is on, as Neil Rogers used to say, "light bulb radio". Nice try, Sid. You suck !

For a "light bulb radio" station, 640 has a pretty damn good signal.

Read in yesterday's Sun Sentinel that Hank Goldberg was coming back on WMEN AM 640 from 3-7 PM so naturally had to listen to an oldie but a goodie on my way home from work. Still gambling intensive for horse racing and boxing but it was good to hear him back. He seemed to have a small issue determining who the next caller was but that could just be getting used to the system there. Welcome back, Hank.

The article, linked here, doesn't state the fact that the Humper was on Saturdays from 11am-1pm on WMEN doing his show with former Sun-Sentinel writer Tom Jicha from Calder Race Track.

So this AM, since my radio was on 640, had to listen to Sid Rosenberg "take credit" for getting him back on air, well in all fairness, only partial credit. What a joke Sid is! He thinks he is on a 100,000 watt station when in fact he is on, as Neil Rogers used to say, "light bulb radio". Nice try, Sid. You suck!

Agree! Sid is such a ******...he just doesn't know it.

For a "light bulb radio" station, 640 has a pretty damn good signal.

If your going from 50 K, then to 25 K on an STA, then loose the 25 kw -- and now broadcasting at 7500w-D/460w-N . . . its not as good as it was.

The article, linked here, doesn't state the fact that the Humper was on Saturdays from 11am-1pm on WMEN doing his show with former Sun-Sentinel writer Tom Jicha from Calder Race Track.

I stand corrected. It's actually Gulfstream Park.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom