• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Ksmd, 99.1 fm

I was listening to the Wake Up Call this morning and heard that this is the last week for the Wake Up Call as host Grant Carey will slide over to a sister station KWCK, 99.9 to be the new morning host starting next week. I believe that NewsTalk 99 will be swapping formats with sister station KBGB, 105.7 if I heard their announcement correct. It sounds like KSMD will now be playing Classic Country and KBGB will have a NewsTalk format? Can someone confirm that the format swap will happen around the end of May/early June. The Wake Up Call has been a staple of early morning radio for several years in White County and Grant and his co-hosts had a variety of interesting topics and guests. It'll definitely be odd not to turn to 99.1 FM next Monday morning and not hear the Wake Up Call.

I was listening to the Wake Up Call this morning and heard that this is the last week for the Wake Up Call as host Grant Carey will slide over to a sister station KWCK, 99.9 to be the new morning host starting next week. I believe that NewsTalk 99 will be swapping formats with sister station KBGB, 105.7 if I heard their announcement correct. It sounds like KSMD will now be playing Classic Country and KBGB will have a NewsTalk format? Can someone confirm that the format swap will happen around the end of May/early June. The Wake Up Call has been a staple of early morning radio for several years in White County and Grant and his co-hosts had a variety of interesting topics and guests. It'll definitely be odd not to turn to 99.1 FM next Monday morning and not hear the Wake Up Call.

KBGB is not changing formats. The Bull 105.7 is to most listened station in N.E. Arkansas. No format change for the Bull.

On Monday morning, there was a change. Newstalk 99.1 turned into The Stallion, 99.1 FM. The Stallion is now playing Classic Country and the station changed call letters to KRZS. So now that 99.1 is playing Classic Country, what will happen to The Bull, 105.7? Will it retain the same format or will they change also? Only time will tell.

so what came of all this? i was in the batesville area last week and the bull was still the bull

If it continues to get listeners, 99.1's flip doesn't justify flipping the Bull. There's no reason to think the Bull's numbers will decline by much. If you look at the two signals, their citygrade signal contours don't overlap much at all, and the 60 dBu signal (where 95% of listening occurs) of 99.1 doesn't cover Batesville or Newport while the 60 dBu signal of 105.7 doesn't get into Searcy, Bald Knob or Augusta.

does the new signal in searcy stand much of a chance of doing anything? i listened online a bit friday morning.....not much going on past the morning show

does the new signal in searcy stand much of a chance of doing anything? i listened online a bit friday morning.....not much going on past the morning show

never mind....owner of the year larry crain strikes again with yet another format change.....only been about four of them in searcy this year......

Classic Rock That Rocks!

KRZS 99.1 Will end stunting of Christmas music on Christmas Day at Noon. The New moniker will we 99.1 The HAWG where Arkansas Rocks.

never mind....owner of the year larry crain strikes again with yet another format change.....only been about four of them in searcy this year......

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom