• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WDTK_Gordon Deal

WDTK dropped 'This Morning with Gordon Deal' formerly 'Wall Street Journal This Morning' on weekdays with the Del Walmsley show, which has to be brokered. Walmsley has about 50 stations, but he's pushing the kind of real estate stuff typically done at 'free' seminars in hotels on weekends.

This is a step back for WDTK and will drive listeners to WWJ who just might not come back to listen to Bill Bennett at 6AM.

Is anyone familiar with this 'Del Walmsley' show? Sounds like something that generally is picked up on a brokered basis in weekend dead time. He must pay a much higher rate to air it in morning drive.

I seem to remember that the syndicator or the WSJ pulled the plug on this show.

Did anyone ever listen to WDTK?

WSJ did pull the plug on the show, but it is still being produced without WSJ's support.

Well, jry, I do, and John McCullough does get a lot of calls, so I guess the answer is yes, some people are listening.

McCullough is really all they have. I had breakfast a couple of days age with a friend that used to do a show there. He said that John lights the joint up and that's about it.
I was pissed when JR severed ties with him.

Yeah, he's about the only real local show they have. Bennett gets a lot of calls from the local area, so unless they are online hearing him, they must be getting it on WDTK.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom