• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Corpus Christi Changes

Interesting...

Just after 2:00 on May 2nd 106.5, KYRK, 106.5 Taft/Corpus Christi went silent. A few hours later the programming appeared on 94.7 KBSO and 94-7 the rig ended it's simulcast and airs not on KCCT exclusively. (although still identifying as "94-7 the rig.

As of now 106.5 is off the air. will Bogey put their elusive "MyMusicNow.fm" on the air at KYRK?

Stay tuned for furthur details coming soon to a radio near you. I don't have full details as 94.7 doesn't come in on my living room stereo.

Sounds like the pending purchase by Bogey fell through. That's a bit odd, as the sale was approved by the Commission at the end of last year. Someone got cold feet? So, The Rig is on 1150 by itself now? That's going to change poste haste, I'd guarantee. Interesting indeed. I figure Bogey is likely beating the path feverishly for another FM to put The Rig back on.

Clouseau - welcome back!

As for the Bogey situation, here is a RadioInsight article from today. I'll quote some of it and give you the link afterwords.
"Alternative “106.5 The Shark” KYRK Taft has shifted its format to 94.7 KBSO Corpus Christi. That in turn moves Texas Country “94.7 The Rig” exclusively to 1150 KCCT Corpus Christi, which had been simulcasting KBSO for the past couple months.
Scott Holt’s Bogey Broadcasting had been operating 106.5 KYRK via LMA from Withers Family Texas Holdings since the station moved into the Corpus Christi market in 2011. Last December, the company filed to acquire KYRK outright for $1,284,000. The sale was approved by the FCC, but did not close on time nullifying the sale and terminating the LMA. KYRK is currently silent.
Bogey began operating KBSO and KCCT via LMA on January 1 and launched “The Rig” later that month. The Rig’s Facebook page claims that they expect to have the station back on FM within 30-45 days."

http://radioinsight.com/blog/headlines/92842/shark-rig-move-in-corpus-christi/

So as of now, 94.7 is The Shark, 106.5 is down. And 1150 KCCT is The Rig.

As for KCCT 1150's new FM, here is something else from RadioInsight, posted on March 1st.
"Carlos Lopez’ 95.9 K240CW Corpus Christi, TX applies to increase to 250 watts at 75 meters rebroadcasting Texas Country 1150 KCCT Corpus Christi."
So it seems Bogey dropped 106.5, and is now working with the Lopez group instead. Very interesting... Smart move, though. Bogey is saving money by not getting 106, and using 95.9 instead.

So from what I can tell, The Rig will be on 1150 and 95.9, while The Shark will go to 94.7. As for 106.5, that one's anyone's guess...

Last edited:
Interesting. 95.9 is only on the west side of CC. A call to Withers today confirms Bogey is gone. No official plans yet.

I know the owner of 1065 has health issues. He wants to sell. I guess Bogey wasn't ready to close.

95-9 is only on the west side of CC with their newest app too? Perhaps they can cut a deal with a second translator to cover the east side for The Rig.

Let's hope 106.5 doesn't turn into something generic or weird.

New development?

From RadioInsight...
"Update 5/4: Bogey Broadcasting owner Scott Holt has contacted us with a clarification.
While the LMA for 106.5 KYRK did come to an end at 2pm Saturday, the company is still under contract to purchase the station and intends to do so."

So is KYRK still silent? Not in the area so can't check. They should flip to Caribbean music and call it The Flounder. LOL https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GC_mV1IpjWA

After thinking about it though I'm not sure 95-9 will be The Rig, that translator is Lopez's, and he also owns Young Country, a competitor to The Rig. So it wouldn't make sense for him to own two competing stations would it?

Last edited:
After thinking about it though I'm not sure 95-9 will be The Rig, that translator is Lopez's, and he also owns Young Country, a competitor to The Rig. So it wouldn't make sense for him to own two competing stations would it?

Lopez needs to get 95.9 back on the air and it will be on the 94.7 tower of Reina's KBSO. 95.9 is already slated for rebroadcasting Bogies LMA'd 1150. A little bird has suggested that Bogie may have made nice with Withers for 106.5 again, also. And I see KYRK has filed a silent STA.. Young country is an LMA so in theory Lopez doesn't really care. It's all a mess. A bunch of folks tring to weasel a buck out of each other...

As of 9:10 AM 94.7 is identifying as "94-7 the shark" and the audio is also on 106-5. BIG difference in fidelity, though. You don't realize how marginal 106-5 sounds until you can a-b it with 94.7 "Rig" is still on 1150.

Sure am glad I'm not paying to advertise on any of these stations.

as of 11:12 PM 5/19/2015.....106.5 in Corpus is The Rig.

Apparently Withers and Bogey have made up.

I went to The Rig's website, tried to listen, and got the following message.

"The stream you are trying to access cannot be delivered since your geographical location is outside the station's designated area of broadcast."

You gotta be kidding me. Of course it can be delivered, Bogey just doesn't want to.
LOL they won't even let people in San Antonio listen? They sure are all about that moola. I guess it's proxy/VPN time. :p

The Rig's website isn't loading at all right now. The stream is on TuneIn if you search for KYRK. No geofencing seems to be in place.

You're right, it is on TuneIn. My mistake. LOL just kidding about the proxy. You can use it though if you want.

Corpus Christi now seems to have more than enough Texas country...What about moving one of those stations to San Antonio? LOL we still have none.

I tried to give "The Shark" a chance. I was expecting bands like Vampire Weekend, MGMT, Robert Delong and Cage the Elephant but I can't really call the station alternative if they play Maroon 5 and Nico Vinz....sounds more like Hot AC.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom