• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Kfrc hd-2

michael hagerty

Walk of Fame Participant
Just out of curiosity, I dialed away from KCBS' all-news format on KFRC-FM and checked out 106.9 HD-2. Pleasant surprise. More than a jukebox, it's a mix of hits from the mid 60s through the early 80s, many that those of us old enough to remember will associate with KFRC in the glory days (where else are you gonna hear Boz Scaggs' "We Were Always Sweethearts"), with period KFRC jingles. No, there are no great jocks (no business case for it on HD-2), but it's better than I expected.

Just out of curiosity, I dialed away from KCBS' all-news format on KFRC-FM and checked out 106.9 HD-2. Pleasant surprise. More than a jukebox, it's a mix of hits from the mid 60s through the early 80s, many that those of us old enough to remember will associate with KFRC in the glory days (where else are you gonna hear Boz Scaggs' "We Were Always Sweethearts"), with period KFRC jingles. No, there are no great jocks (no business case for it on HD-2), but it's better than I expected.

The only HD radio I had was stolen from my car, so I haven't listened in over a year, but KOIT (96.5) HD2 has (or had) a great Oldies playlist of 50s and 60s music, including a number of great songs I had never heard.

i can't find a web site link to a 106.9 KFRC HD sub-channel. KCBS/KFRC website doesn't have link to KFRC HD-2 that I can see. :(

The only HD radio I had was stolen from my car, so I haven't listened in over a year, but KOIT (96.5) HD2 has (or had) a great Oldies playlist of 50s and 60s music, including a number of great songs I had never heard.

They seem to be geoblocked. I am in Phoenix and can't get either their base signal or their HD-2 stream online. :(

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom