• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Am I doing this right? Compellor and 2200

Sounds okay. Didn't recognize the music, mainly mid range synth so couldn't tell how it handled beats or high frequencies. Will try listening later to see if the music livens-up.

Okay, I had a chance to listen a little longer... It sounds pretty good, but I think the audio processing is needlessly aggressive for a live stream. When I first started listening there was a band playing that sounded a lot like Blink 182. Maybe it was, I don't know. Especially when you feature artists or genre's who's recordings are mastered with low dynamic range to begin with, applying a lot of extra compression (greater than 10dB) with fast release times, needlessly loses dynamics and all the subtle aspects of the music, which streaming has the opportunity to do better at than OTA radio. To start with, try slowing down your Compellor attack and release times and if you haven't already, then couple the left and right channels with the stereo couple switch. I'm hearing a little bit of stereo platforming, where the stereo image moves around unnaturally, as the individual compressor channel reacts.

Good luck!

Kelly

Oh and one other thing.. While I was listening, your stream started Paperback Writer by the Beatles, only to be interrupted mid-song by some woman sounding like she was asking for donations. Bad form! At least wait till the song is over. Don't talk over the middle of music.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom