• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Radio Aleluya putting the broker money to use...

P

purpledevil

KRCM is back to blowtorching me, Frog. Loud and clear at a 2:00pm check.

Here's the funny part, though. It's IDing as "Radio Aleluya 1590" and is running the same programming KMIC did when it first came under the Daij umbrella. Just caught the ID for 1380 at 2:00, "Esto es KMIC Houston, 1590 AM, Radio Aleluya 1590."

Oopsie! Wrong station, Villarreal brothers. Anyway, I'm guessing we're now being hit with the 22kW, Frog. KRCM is spilling over onto 1390, killing a usually listenable signal out of El Campo. Same for 1370, except there's nothing there anyway.

They forgot to update the ID. ;)
Is it still in simulcast with 1590?

They forgot to update the ID. ;)
Is it still in simulcast with 1590?

No. It is separate programming from KMIC. 1590 was airing a sermon, 1380 was music. I recognized pretty quickly that it is the same CD they had used for the launch of Radio Aleluya 1590. Just went out to the truck (I'm at work) and from Greenspoint, 1380 is still pretty strong. Not quite what I was getting at the house, mind you, but not bad at all.

I'm sure they will make a new CD with a new ID, soon. Better yet, if they have a spare computer that's even better.

Better signal than what we've previously heard, but it still doesn't sound like 22kw. Should blast into my Cy-Fair location as the directional beam is aimed right at us.

Might this wind up a surprise brokered format as we've recently seen with sibling KJOZ ?

What time was your check, Frog? I've never heard KRCM bleed over on to KULP like I did yesterday afternoon. That has me wondering, could there be something wrong with the directional pattern of the Prairie View site? You're absolutely right, Frog. 1380 should be burning down the barn at both our locations in Cy-Fair and north Houston, not just at mine. When it's on the Shenandoah site, I get a fair to moderate signal from 1380. Then there was the one day around a year ago that I happened past a strong 1380, but nothing like yesterday. If that wasn't the full 22 kilowatts coming at me, then 1380 is about to become the strongest station on all of my dials during the day. Had a busy day at work today (fire marshal visit, oh joy) and didn't have a chance to check 1380, and it's on night pattern now which, of course, comes nowhere near me. I'll have an ear out for it tomorrow. The Villarreals were already leasing it to Radio Esmirna, so the precedent is set on KRCM. Brokered it will be.

Will Next Level be the one to take on the bigger signal and higher expense to move diversity's voice up the dial? Only time will tell. I expect Radio Aleluya will hook it together with KMIC as the two together cover a lot of real estate in SE Texas.

Wouldn't all Radio Aleluya stations be considered BROKERED?? I mean even their main station has limited Aleluya programming. Most of the programing playing on 88.1 is paid programing from different churches and ministries.

Wouldn't all Radio Aleluya stations be considered BROKERED?? I mean even their main station has limited Aleluya programming. Most of the programing playing on 88.1 is paid programing from different churches and ministries.

I'll steal a line from one of my all-time favorite movies, Pulp Fiction.

Check out the big brain on Mr. Tejano!

You are absolutely, undeniably correct Señor! I think the point Frog was making, was that 880's lease is not one typical of the Villarreals. Of course, neither is KBRZ's evening Fort Bend Sports programming. That's the surprise.

Now, thanks to the unregistered one's posting, it appears a wrench has been thrown into Daij's plans. Since the upgrade has now been rescinded, what happens to the Prairie View site? Built for nothing?? I guess KRCM must now return to Shenandoah? I suspect 1380 is about to go quiet again...

And yet they ask people for donations to grow "the ministry". More like give us donations so we can improve our stations so we can charge programmers more money . Help us get richer..

Radio Aleluya Vs Vida Vision

Does Radio Aleluya now have some serious competition now? I mean I love the music that Radio Aleluya place the Regional Mexican Christian music and Tejano to. But their DJs sound like they're bored. The commercials and announcements they make sound death

Now VIDA VISION plays a lot of worship songs, merengue and not much REGIONAL MEXICAN but they do play a fee good Jams. But I love how they do the announcements and commercials sounds more professional

Wait, what? Commercials? Uh...we are talking about 94-1, right? That is the Vida Vision translator? That's a non-comm supposedly relaying to 94-1.

That's a no-no, Tejano...are you sure they are actually airing produced commercials or is it somebody ripping and reading some PSA's?

Well I don't know if they're considered commercials. They air announcements like church services, DON'T MISS EVANGELIST SO AND SO IN SUCH AND SUCH CHURCH THIS FRIDAY ... And also CLÍNICA LATINA airing their business

Okay, that's a bit different. I was thinking you meant they were actually airing paid commercials like Geico, AT&T, and such. I've heard what you are talking about. That's just programming information, and Clinica Latina is a likely providing sponsorship for a portion of the programming.

On a personal note, I'm personally glad you've come back to the board Tejano. Most participants around here don't know anything about the Spanish language stations to merit any worthwhile discussion on them. Others simply don't care. I appreciate legitimate programming regardless of whether the language spoken is Spanish or English. Thank you for your participation, Tejano. I'm always happy to "chit chat" about our Spanish speaking signals, the same as our English ones.

Well thank You Mr Purpledevil, I have been a member of this forum for a long time. My old username was Chicano82 I mean alooonnng time ago. I was always beat up by many mean users lol. Im a huge radio fan I love the business but don't work on it. My dream is to be a radio DJ one day.

Does Radio Aleluya now have some serious competition now? I mean I love the music that Radio Aleluya place the Regional Mexican Christian music and Tejano to. But their DJs sound like they're bored. The commercials and announcements they make sound death

Now VIDA VISION plays a lot of worship songs, merengue and not much REGIONAL MEXICAN but they do play a fee good Jams. But I love how they do the announcements and commercials sounds more professional

Well some of that music that Vida Vision plays falls under ASCAP & BMI list like Marcos Witt and others, so if you are willing to pay the fees, that will dictate the programming. Unless they ignore them....

ok Mr Purpldevil, this time it's for real. I just heard a commercial on 94.1 about basket Brothers Circus they did not mentioned prices but they did mention the time and where they can buy tickets fiesta mart, Sellers brothers Famsa

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom