• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Me TV 87.7 stream

I am really enjoying listening to this station. It reminds me of when BBM was the Young Sound back in the 60's. Are there any recordings of the young sound? I seem to recall a post somewhere of the young sound music.

Last edited:
http://www.robertfeder.com/2015/07/...ings-metv-fm-fans-show-passionate-engagement/

Apparently others are taking note of the station as well. Pretty good performance for a station like this.

Well, it's good music (that the corporate suits have repeatedly turned up their noses at), deep playlist (that the research nerds turn their noses up at), and a fun listen. Not to mention that it's on a weak signal with minimal promotion. If the trend continues, perhaps some conventional wisdom will be "re-thought". All that said, the folks who need to be impressed for a widespread expansion of the format reside at the ad agencies.

Well, it's good music (that the corporate suits have repeatedly turned up their noses at), deep playlist (that the research nerds turn their noses up at), and a fun listen. Not to mention that it's on a weak signal with minimal promotion. If the trend continues, perhaps some conventional wisdom will be "re-thought". All that said, the folks who need to be impressed for a widespread expansion of the format reside at the ad agencies.

And the ad agencies will not be impressed with a 30th place showing in 25-54 (that is what it got in the most recent week). Or even 25th in 12+.

Last December and Holiday books they had a 0.6 and 0.7, while now they have a 0.9.

A station like that would have to be sold locally. Agree that it wouldn't be attractive to agencies, but it can be sold.

This isn't a million dollar idea, but it is both interesting how he's backdooring onto the FM spectrum, and seems willing to do something notably different in radio which is rare nowadays.

I was visiting Chicagoland earlier this week - liked MeTV FM a lot. They had very good coverage, too. I see that their ratings are higher than WAS 890!

Really convenient was the fact that 87.7 is one click from 107.9 on my car radio (I like oldies and Mexican music, despite the fact that I'm a total demographic mismatch to the latter's market).

Sadly, 87.7 is ultimately doomed. They're getting a temporary reprieve because an upcoming spectrum auction is delaying things, but once that is over, they'll need to convert to digital, and they won't be heard on radios.

One other observation: Chicago seems to have a ton of AMs with DAs in the wrong place.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom