• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

The Toughest Meets His Match

DrAkbar

Star Participant
Gotta hand it to KFYI's Chris Merrill for having the huevos to call out America's Toughest Sheriff during his on-going court hearing. It would have been easy for Merrill to toe the conservative line and defend Joe Arpaio against many of the charges leveled against him. That's been KFYI's M.O. for years, but not now as Merrill has framed his reasoning far better than those goofballs on 92~Three in the afternoon. Nurse Jeff and I think Chris Merrill is presenting solid reasons why Joe has to go...we just hope Merrill doesn't have to go because he's probably pissing off a lot of Arpaio Kool-Aid drinkers who hang around 5~Fifty.

Merril was a bad choice for 550

I have tried listening to Merrill, but have since flipped over to 960 or 1100 in the afternoon. (anything but heckle & jeckle on 92.3)

Merrill is an annoying/obnoxious loudmouth. I truly believe he is either on speed or is constantly yelling as his schtick.
He also has sidekicks that are about 20 years old that are clueless to anything before 2010.

He reminds me of the unfunny obnoxious kid in the classroom that won't sit down/shut up. You can't turn off the kid....but I can turn off 550.
Bad choice to take Broomheads place. I'd prefer to have Jim Sharpe.

Seeing this post late, obviously. Not a huge fan of this guy but we know now that he is here to stay. And as the guest poster suggested, I think a lot of what he says and does is just schtick. Anyway, this is what KFYI was originally all about-there were hosts from across the political spectrum (and beyond!) when they started. His critics end up sounding stupid on his hilarious Hater Hotline so they're playing into his hands and while it is true his sidekicks are pretty shallow,he is not. Merrill knows his facts and history.

Last edited:
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom