• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Cumulus, very impressive promotion!

DOB

Leading Participant
I have been critical of Cumulus in the past, but IF this is true they have really hit a home run with one of the best station launches in NYC in the last 30 years!
How brilliant if they are going to blow up Nash 947 and WPLJ, launching a truly full market empire signal for "The all new 95.5 Coyote Country".

New York City get to know your new neighbor, Your Coyote...Country 95.5, always in the streets.

I assume this is a joke based on that coyote that has been on the loose on the upper west side this week.

that's what I thought. and it almost has to be. but there IS a brand called 'coyote country' out there in the wild. so unless the original poster fills us in ;o)

you can't leave us hanging like OP without more info ;o)

Last edited:
still the original poster left us hanging. where was this i nfo found?

someone on this board was right about changes to the todd show. that's why I don't dismiss this out of hand :)

They're not that smart. The Dickeys only know Wall Street!

I don't know if I'd say that. If they did, they'd know not to invest in radio. In fact, the Dickeys are second generation broadcasters. Their father owned some stations in upstate New York. So they were raised with it.

still the original poster left us hanging. where was this i nfo found?

someone on this board was right about changes to the todd show. that's why I don't dismiss this out of hand :)

Maybe someone just wanted us to go checkout the website to see if PLJ had changed..

didn't work then. last time I did that was to celebrate seeing all the todd show logos be gone ;o).

I even Capped the "IF", just noting that if this was their promotion it was quite brilliant. Great way to shake up the market. We all know Cumulus doesn't play to win in major markets, well if you have bothered to listen to their stations.

yeah, but you didn't give us any context as to where you saw this info. was it an on air thing? was it a website article? was it on the official website?

all you said was a vauge ' if plj really does switch'.... it was kind of a weird original post out of the total blue for those of us who no longer follow the station ;o) what's the story behind the original info?

'Rodent Country', 'Horse-Clump Country', 'Pigeon Country', 'Windshield-Cleaner Country' or whatever other urbanized prefix that might be suitably emblematic of the market STILL would contain that stigmatic 4-letter word 'country'.

'Rodent Country', 'Horse-Clump Country', 'Pigeon Country', 'Windshield-Cleaner Country' or whatever other urbanized prefix that might be suitably emblematic of the market STILL would contain that stigmatic 4-letter word 'country'.
Let us not forget the short lived online "Elephant", at worcountry.com, which went from June 28, 2010, until the day the elephant died.

Last edited:
yeah, the only reason I didn't dismiss this out of hand was because a google search showed something called 'coyote country', but no idea that wasn't associated with cumulus.

anyone think they'd be brave enough to try that?
still no expansion on where this was seen originally!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom