• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Flipping through the AM dial

... 1460 and 1420 are running the same audio with a few second delay. I don't see a listing for 1420. Must not be local. Anyone know what or where it's out of?

880 is supposedly Radio Alleluya (sp). Heard some kind of political programming, it was mentioned by one of the hosts that they were also on Free Speech TV. Has RA taken up brokered programming?

Sad what a muddled mess the AM dial has become. Some stations you can barely understand what they're saying

1420 could be KGNB, New Braunfels, TX. 1kw, ND. It could also be KPEL, Lafayette, LA. Also 1kw ND.

Last edited:
12:20 check, nothing on 1420 other than sideband interference from KSHJ. As for 880, John, there's a thread for that...created by yours truly. "880 KJOZ, where diversity finds its voice" is the title for the thread. Located here:http://www.radiodiscussions.com/sho...JOZ-quot-Where-diversity-finds-its-voice-quot Daij has indeed rented out 880 to Next Level Communications, headed by Jesse Dunn. You might recognize the name as the one who saved KCOH and bought all the time on 1230, allowing the legacy to continue.

I have listened to KJOZ more this last week, than I have in the last 20 years. Website for the station is www.kjozradio.com and features a very left leaning talk format. Supposedly, they are featuring classic R&B, Jazz, and Soft AC music as part of the broadcast day, but I've yet to hear any of it. Mr. Tejano is the one that first caught the change, as you will see in the "yahoo sports radio" thread also located here in the HOU/GAL forum.

Last edited:
12:20 check, nothing on 1420 other than sideband interference from KSHJ. As for 880, John, there's a thread for that...created by yours truly. "880 KJOZ, where diversity finds its voice" is the title for the thread. Located here:http://www.radiodiscussions.com/sho...JOZ-quot-Where-diversity-finds-its-voice-quot Daij has indeed rented out 880 to Next Level Communications, headed by Jesse Dunn. You might recognize the name as the one who saved KCOH and bought all the time on 1230, allowing the legacy to continue.

I have listened to KJOZ more this last week, than I have in the last 20 years. Website for the station is www.kjozradio.com and features a very left leaning talk format. Supposedly, they are featuring classic R&B, Jazz, and Soft AC music as part of the broadcast day, but I've yet to hear any of it. Mr. Tejano is the one that first caught the change, as you will see in the "yahoo sports radio" thread also located here in the HOU/GAL forum.

Interesting for the music mix if it materializes. Left talk / right talk both = BORING. I hope they play a lot of music.

Oh, I agree, Bruce. It's listed on the website as airing at 5pm, but I keep forgetting to check at the designated time. Last night, at a 6:00ish check, it was yet another talk show, so if Next Level is airing a music program, it must be rather brief. No more than an hour-long block, I assume. BTW, KJOZ is utilizing news breaks from SRN. Just caught that last night.

Not sure about the Lafayette station, Frank, but KGNB should not match anything coming from KBRZ. 1420 is a hometown country mudic station under the handle "Radio New Braunfels". It actually has an FM counterpart at 92-1 with KNBT calls..

Edit to add: Unless something has very recently changed...

Last edited:
Not sure about the Lafayette station, Frank, but KGNB should not match anything coming from KBRZ. 1420 is a hometown country music station under the handle "Radio New Braunfels". It actually has an FM counterpart at 92-1 with KNBT calls..

Edit to add: Unless something has very recently changed...

Nope, 92-1 is still there. 1420 runs classic country while 92-1 runs Americana.

CORRECTION: Boy i was way off. It wasn't 1460 & 1420. It's actually 1520 and 1540 running the same audio.

CORRECTION: Boy i was way off. It wasn't 1460 & 1420. It's actually 1520 and 1540 running the same audio.

Lol, okay now that's true. KYND & KGBC are in complete simulcast with one another and have been for a couple years now. They even ID together, even though they are owned by two entirely different companies. Only time they stop is when Class D KYND signs off, then KGBC goes it alone throughout the night. China Radio International is the program offering for the both of them. Every so often, you'll hear the feed get lost from the bird, and KGBC goes quiet. Not KYND though. b-turner has a CD on standby that gets aired when it happens.

KYND has one CD? I hope it's one of those MP3 formatted CDs with many songs, not a conventional CD with just 10 or 20. I also wonder what type of music. LOL

Nope, it is a conventional CD and it is music. Luckily we have had very few outages in the past couple of years, usually not more than 5 minutes and mostly any issue is when the client's feed messes up. Then again, a quick phone call clears that up in a few minutes.

We've had a couple of times we were off with power outages, spikes in power and such. A couple of lightning strikes too, one blowing a hole in the roof of one of the tower shacks, but that's all part of the fun. Those spikes are fun, watching the power jump as the 3 phase converter generators try to recover. It's been especially bad this year because we've had so many storms.

Last edited:
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom