• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

EAS CAP/RSS feed for Connecticut?

spinjector

Frequent Participant
Does anyone know if there's an EAS CAP or RSS feed for the state of Connecticut? I've been googling around and can't find Jack.

And while I'm on the subject, is there a "EAS For Dummies" resource page out there with tidbits like this? I'm setting up three new DASDEC boxes from scratch for the first time, where previously it was done/managed by others, so I need a little help & perspective.

Thanks.

If I were you, I would begin by checking to see if your local area has a Society of Broadcast Engineers (SBE) chapter. If nothing local, try the state level. If you can't find anything on the internet, you might try calling some local radio or TV stations, and ask to speak with their Chief Engineers. They could probably get you started at least.

If a feed other than over the air is available I would expect it to be listed in your local area plan, the plan will also list your LP1,LP2 and any other pertinent info for your markets EAS procedures. I know the local plan in my market dose not call for an RSS feed of CAP alerts. As to DASDEC, I have used them before and they are fairly easy to setup, You can always contact Monroe for more info.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom