• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Imus

U

Unregistered

Could Cumulus offer Imus a new contract? Does he want to stay.? What about Fox cable TV?
is he still profitable for Cumulus or Fox ?
he seems burnt out to me & has for some time.

I don't think he makes it to December when his contract ends. He has been hinting at quitting for a while. Fox Business just hired Trish Regan from Bloomberg and she was supposed to start 2 weeks ago. I think maybe she is part of the new morning show and they are just waiting for Imus to finally say he is done.

would WABC move Curtis & Kuby back to am---drive ?
and air what against Rush in mid day?

I stopped listening after Charles McCord left the show, he contributed a lot to the show besides reading the news. Charles wrote most of the comedy material for the show, served as straight man for Imus and often carried the show when Imus was under the weather.

...the problem is, Imus hasn't had any fun doing the show in at least the last dozen years, and only periodically from about '81 WNBC (the "Moby Worm" days) to the end of the WFAN/MSNBC era. And it shows. Nobody wants to hear somebody slogging through a grind (just ask Larry King about his last dozen years on radio). Imus isn't even coasting now that McCord is long gone, he puts more effort into the direct-deposit of his salary than the show itself. Neil Rogers in his current state has more energy than Imus displays...

IMUS has hinted lately about something happening at Fox the end of May.....could TV be over?

The reality is that whoever takes over for Imus will have a big job ahead of him (or her) because New Yorkers don't like change, AM listeners don't like change, and AM radio isn't attracting a lot of new listeners. So they'll lose some regulars, and they won't pick up any new ones. They could bring back Harry Harrison, and even he wouldn't make a huge difference in the morning numbers at WABC. So I can understand why Cumulus isn't anxious to get rid of the I-man.

IMUS - Fox Business

He said back in early April, that he is done with FOX Business at the end of May, since he's moving to Texas so he can consistently watch his son Wyatt rope (Rodeo) , but he's still going to do radio. I say that when his contract expires, if he is healthy, he will find a way to stay on air.

IMUS has hinted lately about something happening at Fox the end of May.....could TV be over?

Someone who listened to the show last week told me that Imus announced he is ending the TV broadcast this summer and will be broadcasting only on radio and it will be from his ranch in Texas.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom