• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Catherine Anaya to leave KPHO

Anyone else think it weird that he is referred to multiple times as "her children's father" rather than her husband? And if her daughter gave the eulogy at the funeral how much more children-raising does she have to do? Just seems like the story isn't complete to me. I've always liked her on air and will miss her - and obviously wish both she and her family the very best going forward.

I suggest reading the linked Facebook posting. Her children's father is her ex-husband, who died six months ago. She is married to her current husband, who is her children's stepfather.

Anyone else think it weird that he is referred to multiple times as "her children's father" rather than her husband? And if her daughter gave the eulogy at the funeral how much more children-raising does she have to do? Just seems like the story isn't complete to me. I've always liked her on air and will miss her - and obviously wish both she and her family the very best going forward.
Catherine is talking about her former husband and father to her daughter and son. She remarried sometime in the last year or two. https://www.facebook.com/1031731164...207520000.1429495243./808727235876971/?type=1

Last edited:
Unfortunately, KPHO will continue to have Sean McLaughlin on their newscasts.
Both his and Anaya's departure are long, long overdue..... Would like to see
some big changes at Faux 10 and ABC 15 as well.

Catherine is talking about her former husband and father to her daughter and son. She remarried sometime in the last year or two.

And "former husband" was what I would have expected. Saying "father of her children" makes it sound like they were not married or perhaps he was a sperm donor.

No biggie. Just sounded very strange to me.

While I don't watch CBS5 much, I thought Catherine did a solid job.

I read an article years ago that she was, at one point, addicted to exercising. I didn't realize that could happen. Catherine seemed very genuine.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom