• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Is the US national anthem only played on Country music stations?

CatCall

Frequent Participant
Just wondering if any other music formats other than Country play the US national anthem at some point during the day or night?

For example I know that here locally in ME & NH the Binnie Media Wolf stations play it at noon. Other stations at 6 AM or PM. Is this exclusive to country only?

KOOL-FM, a classic hits station in Phoenix, was playing the anthem at noon every weekday. Haven't listened to them in a while so don't know if they are still doing it or not.

We still have a full-service AC in my vicinity that plays it every morning at 6 AM, which is a holdover from the days when they used to sign off (yes, both AM and FM, and not that long ago) at Midnight and back on at 6.

A Hot A/C in my market has played it every day at Noon since the early 2000's.

I find that if you have a military base in your town, you play the anthem, regardless of format.

Easy as the Breeze WJIB 740 Camb MA and its sister stations in Me. probably do it too (a quiet rendition on piano)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom