• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WRCR AM 1700 Update

xmradiopro

Star Participant
Just wanted to post an update on WRCR to 1700 AM with 10,000 Watts...tower is about to be put up...sign on AT 1700 AM by May 1.

Just wanted to post an update on WRCR to 1700 AM with 10,000 Watts...tower is about to be put up...sign on AT 1700 AM by May 1.

Are you sure they are getting a new tower? The FCC's web site's construction permit:

https://licensing.fcc.gov/cgi-bin/w...xt=25&appn=101647005&formid=301&fac_num=64556

says:

"THE APPLICANT PROPOSES OPERATION AT THE LOCATION OF THE CURRENT CENTER TOWER IN THE DA ARRAY. THE TWO END TOWERS WILL BE FLOATED. THE CENTER TOWER HEIGHT WILL BE REDUCED FROM 61.9 METERS (203') TO 60.96 METERS (200')"

They might put up a new tower, but I would have a tower guy saw about 3 ft. or a meter (What ever make the FCC happy because they could measure the height easily) off the top, mount the guys. IMHO if would be better to make sure the ground system is OK instead of paying for a new tower.

last i heard them say on the air is the tower is half way up...

More than likely that is their way of saying briefly that the tower work is proceeding well. A tower that short goes up in less than a day even if brand new (assuming the base and the anchors are already in place).

However, the CP specifically says the existing tower will be shortened. This may be due to the need to change the lighting if the array was lit or requires lighting. Usually, in a 3-tower array, the end towers are lit and the middle one is not. Since they are shortening to just 200 feet, that means they may no longer need lighting which would be a nice savings in maintenance and electricity.

I presume towers 1 and 3 will be floated only until such time as the new CP is licensed, and then they will be taken down.

Last edited:
I'm wondering what changed there will be as a new 10,000 watts station compared to the old 500 watt station ? Would like to see more live DJ music shows...oldies maybe country gold too.I know they do a lot of talk radio there too.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom