• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

CBS Radio Dallas

radiolives

Star Participant
Seems like it could use some help outside of KLUV. Possibly taking Jack, kvil, and the Spanish station in new directions. For one take kvil and flip it as Now 102.9 has the same Hot AC format and is doing well. What to put on 103.7 you ask I would flip to country and go after Cumulus. Can you say 103.7 KVIL Country. Then I'd either take Jack or the Spanish and go CHR to hit on 106.1 KISS FM. Possibly 107.5 Amp Radio Dallas. Finally not sure what to do about Jack as it's cheap to run.

Seems like it could use some help outside of KLUV. Possibly taking Jack, kvil, and the Spanish station in new directions. For one take kvil and flip it as Now 102.9 has the same Hot AC format and is doing well. What to put on 103.7 you ask I would flip to country and go after Cumulus. Can you say 103.7 KVIL Country. Then I'd either take Jack or the Spanish and go CHR to hit on 106.1 KISS FM. Possibly 107.5 Amp Radio Dallas. Finally not sure what to do about Jack as it's cheap to run.

KVIL is tied for 8th in billings in the market. They have just restructured, so it is unlikely they would want to change from a profitable high power ratio format to the third man into the country format. KDMX bills several million less than KVIL, and CBS is not going to give the AC position to iHeart.

107.5 is a much lower powered signal than KHKS, so it could not compete... just as the Cumulus C2 could not compete in CHR.

Take a look at the background of the new CBS radio CEO. Look at the part that involves Telemundo and having managed businesses in Mexico and Brazil. Don't count CBS out of the Hispanic marketplace.

The most vulnerable CBS property is KJKK. It bills less than the Regional Mexican station. And the cost of operation of a station is not entirely the air staff... so any minor savings on air talent are not going to be the deciding factor in keeping or dumping the Jack format.

I don't think CBS is as motivated to get back to country in Dallas as Clear Channel is. They really need a station to run Bobby Bones and After Midnight.

KVIL going country is the last thing CBS Radio will do (to any of their stations).

CBS going the CHR route has been done with 100.3 before as Hot/Wild. Both stations failed to even reach up to Kiss FM's ratings. Going Amp is probably unlikely.

I do see iHeart blowing up one of the rock formats to go Country or AC though.

KVIL is tied for 8th in billings in the market. They have just restructured, so it is unlikely they would want to change from a profitable high power ratio format to the third man into the country format. KDMX bills several million less than KVIL, and CBS is not going to give the AC position to iHeart.

107.5 is a much lower powered signal than KHKS, so it could not compete... just as the Cumulus C2 could not compete in CHR.

Take a look at the background of the new CBS radio CEO. Look at the part that involves Telemundo and having managed businesses in Mexico and Brazil. Don't count CBS out of the Hispanic marketplace.

The most vulnerable CBS property is KJKK. It bills less than the Regional Mexican station. And the cost of operation of a station is not entirely the air staff... so any minor savings on air talent are not going to be the deciding factor in keeping or dumping the Jack format.

I didn't know KVIL was 8th for billing, where does 102.9 Now rank in billing? Thought higher then kvil because now is doing better.

As for country then try 100.3 as either CBS should jump on it like they did in Minneapolis a few years ago with Buz'n @ 102.9 could work good in Dallas how about Buz'n @ 100.3

I didn't know KVIL was 8th for billing, where does 102.9 Now rank in billing? Thought higher then kvil because now is doing better.

It's several rank positions below KVIL.

Why can't stations register the domains 30 minutes before flip? Or are they scared of high up employees snitching and/or stealing them first? LOL

Many AC stations that have repositioned themselves as playing hotter music also seek new names. B101 in Philadelphia is now More FM and WLIT Chicago is now My FM. So KVIL choosing a new handle such as Your 103.7 is not unexpected.

No woman wants to listen to the same station her mom listened to (even though it really is the same station).

103.7?

If I am not mistaken CBS also owns Energy 103.7 in San Diego. Who do you think they would flip KVIL in D/FW or KEGY in San Diego? I would be interested to find out what KEGY bills in the San Diego market.

That is something to point out as San Diego has 3 CHRs. Also the only other 103.7 CBS did own was WSOC Charlotte which was sold last year.

Why not keep it original as "103.7 KVIL"? Why have "Your FM?" It was dumb to put in "Lite" before. Yeah, corporate bs (that's what CBS stands for anyways).

What's next? WRR rebranding as "101.1 Bach FM" or KERA rebranding as "90.1 Public Talk FM?" (I know, Free FM was a talk format CBS developed circa 2005).

How about 'Fresh', or something like that? They need to refresh this station, because this business of obscene talking, along with sneaking on CHR, Rhythmic, or whatever they got on the playlist, I mean seriously. 103.7 is a mess right now. I'm just glad they're not leaning towards changing to 'AMP Radio.'

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom