• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WMEX gets Savage

Old man using Metallica and Ramstein music in his intro...WMEX facebook says Savage will run 9-mid.starting tonite

Last edited:
Bryan Berner's facebook says WMEX 1510 will again run his Cluster F Radio show starting June 2,mid to 3am weeknights

A post on radioinsight, not sure how accurate, says wealthy aunt of GM (Berner?) of WMEX buying station and Jay Severin to be added at night (Blaze radio runs him 2-5 pm). Yeah no word from FCC re: filing but who knows. We shall see...

A post on radioinsight, not sure how accurate, says wealthy aunt of GM (Berner?) of WMEX buying station and Jay Severin to be added at night (Blaze radio runs him 2-5 pm). Yeah no word from FCC re: filing but who knows. We shall see...

The post you reference on radioinsight is accurate. If you elect to comment on a post from another site it would be helpful if quoted the entire post. That being said, I am never sure how accurate any of your posts are. Quantity seems to prevail of quality.

Thanks for the info and if it's indeed accurate, great; sometimes I cover myself ('not sure how accurate") just in case. I would and should have provided a direct link instead of just mentioning the board in question

http://radioinsight.com/community/topic/wmex-stream-and-ownership-update/

My quality is higher than you may think.

I shouldn't give you such are hard time RR. I admire your passion for our medium which I can not muster up myself as I watch it decline. And you always have the best interest of the boards when you post.

As a former PBS employeee who was laid off in 2008, I am sensitive to the somewhat negative comments you post about Public Broadcasting.

I don't know how great the news is about 1510 is. Unless his Aunt has a very deep purse I don't see how he can do any better than the previous operators on 1510.

At least it doesn't look like it will be all time brokered or ethnic for now.

For Immediate Release: May 19 , 2015

Daly XXL Communications, LLC

dba 1510 WMEX Radio

910-821-8151

Popular Boston Media Personality To Launch New Daily Radio Show

Boston, MA: Joe Ligotti is a tough talking, blue collar, card carrying Teamster and regular guy. What started an an Internet sensation by sending raw and edgy political YouTube video rants to his nephew, who at the time was serving in the USMC in Iraq & Afghanistan. The videos went viral. With his success Joe has been a regular on Neil Cavuto’s (a Fox News VP and personality.) “Your World” and Fox Business “Bulls & Bears.” The national exposure landed Joe an appearance on “The Tonight Show with Jay Leno”

Joe’s opinions vary. His motto is “I’m not right, I’m not left, I’m just right! I think people put too many labels on themselves and ideas. Being a Republican or Democrat is never more important as being an AMERICAN first!”

Speaking about his new radio show, Ligotti says . “"I'm so excited to once again speak to ALL my fellow Bostonians on the new 1510 WMEX with my special brand of "Debate with out hate!" Bostonians deserve some "Common sense conversation."

I do predict a lot more people will be wide awake during their morning commute. I also predict a lot less "turbo shots" needed to wake up. Hope you tune and listen every morning 6a--10am The program, covering both local and national topics will air daily from 6am to 10am on 1510 WMEX beginning June 2, 2015.

Bryan Berner General Manager of 1510 WMEX said “We are all excited to bring a big personality like Joe Ligotti to morning radio, Boston radio needed to be shaken up and we believe Joe is exactly the guy to do it” Mr. Ligotti will be joining a program line up that includes Boston Herald Radio 10a-12p, Glenn Beck 12p-3p, Michael Savage 9p-12a, CFR 12a-3a, Holeshot Radio 4a-6a.

WMEX, licensed to Boston, MA is a News/Talk station operating with a 50,000 watt signal from studios in Quincy, MA. In addition to the metro-Boston area, the 1510 WMEX broadcast signal covers eastern, central, and northern MA, as well as parts of New Hampshire, Maine, Connecticut, and Rhode Island. The stations' programming can also be heard through live streaming on www.1510wmex.com or via the Tune In Radio app.

1510 WMEX is currently being operated under a lease-management agreement by Daly XXL Communications, LLC of Wilmington, NC pending the completion of purchase from current licensee.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

In regards to another ʼMEX thread, I thought the more enlightening line was

For Immediate Release:
1510 WMEX is currently being operated under a lease-management agreement by Daly XXL Communications, LLC of Wilmington, NC pending the completion of purchase from current licensee.

Rush’s last contract for Premiere was 8 years for a total of about $400 million, in 2008. Now he may wind up getting less, if he doesn’t bolt for another syndicator or satellite radio.

http://www.businessinsider.com/2008/7/rush-limbaugh-gets-400-million-to-rant-through-2016

A Wall Street Journal article from the same time says the contract was for $38 mil. per year for 8 years, plus a $100M signing bonus.

WMEX’s new leaser has unveiled a new website with a lineup featuring Joe Ligotti mornings starting June 2; Herald Radio 10-noon, Hannity at 6 pm and Savage at 9 pm. Noon to 6 to be announced; maybe they pick up Rush live at noon when he’s done at RKO with the other slot going to Beck or someone else.
http://www.1510wmex.com

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom