• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Billing and demo numbers for 94.1 WIP-FM, KYW 1060 AM and 1210 WPHT-AM

J

Jul

Where does, KYW 1060, 94.1 WIP-FM and 1210 WPHT rank in their target demos in the latest ratings and billing. And do you think that changes are going to happen with 1, both or all 3 stations soon, depending on where they rank in their key demos and Billing?

Where does, KYW 1060, 94.1 WIP-FM and 1210 WPHT rank in their target demos in the latest ratings and billing. And do you think that changes are going to happen with 1, both or all 3 stations soon, depending on where they rank in their key demos and Billing?

No changes.

KYW: Tied for #1 in revenue with WBEB.

WIP: 8th in revenue last year, and they will absorb much of the 610 AM billings, making it potentially the 4th or 5th highest biller in the market

WPHT: Number 2 AM in revenue with the only (ONLY, ONLY) remaining viable AM format.

None of these stations will change much. They are solid revenue performers.

No changes.

WIP: 8th in revenue last year, and they will absorb much of the 610 AM billings, making it potentially the 4th or 5th highest biller in the market

WPHT: Number 2 AM in revenue with the only (ONLY, ONLY) remaining viable AM format.

Thanks for the info.

Out of random curiosity, what is the top billing AM MUSIC station? I'm sure something heritage, but I'm curious as to who may still be making money playing tunes on the AM dial

Out of random curiosity, what is the top billing AM MUSIC station? I'm sure something heritage, but I'm curious as to who may still be making money playing tunes on the AM dial

In Philadelphia? Or the entire country?

In general, the higher billing AM music stations will be ethnic or Christian music outlets.

In Philadelphia, that would be WEMG.

No changes.

How do find out how much each station is billing?

How do find out how much each station is billing?

You can get a subscription to BIA's Media Access Pro (think around 1k a month for the online database service with daily updates) or buy the BIA quarterly data books (a bit over $1500 per quarterly edition) or be in the "inner circle" at a local station that participates in the Miller Kaplan tabulation of the revenue in the market.

You can get a subscription to BIA's Media Access Pro (think around 1k a month for the online database service with daily updates) or buy the BIA quarterly data books (a bit over $1500 per quarterly edition) or be in the "inner circle" at a local station that participates in the Miller Kaplan tabulation of the revenue in the market.

Thanks alot.

Interesting that KYW and WBEB are pretty much tied in billing for last year, even though KYW had a ratings slump for most of the year. I guess month-to-month ratings aren't that big a factor, and KYW did bounce back with the winter weather.

Was the bounce back a factor in CBS deciding to go with mainstream Top 40 on 96.5 rather than giving KYW an FM simulcast? If CBS thought its top billing station in Market #8 were in danger, I'm pretty sure we'd be hearing All-News on 96.5 instead of Beyonce and Maroon 5.

If you want to run down to DC, the Library of Congress has BIA Kelsey. Some other major libraries or university libraries may have it but I haven't found it closer to the Philly.

Was the bounce back a factor in CBS deciding to go with mainstream Top 40 on 96.5 rather than giving KYW an FM simulcast?

You're looking at the 6+ numbers. You need to look at the demos. All-news format is traditionally older and more male. No advantage to simulcasting that on FM, unless you fear a competitor. That's why they did it in Chicago. They have other format alternatives in Philly.

Thanks alot.

I hope that is not a "sarcastic" thanks...

Information such as what you want is either provided by a company such as BIA / Kelsey or done for the internal use of stations.

BIA spends lots of money keeping its radio database current. They track technical facilities, ownership, revenue, power ratios, ratings, staff, contact addresses and emails formats, coverage patterns and much more. They have a team of dedicated staffers doing this. To justify the work, they charge for it.

Stations in most markets give revenue data each month to MK or some other accounting firm. This allows stations to see their entire market and how revenue is splitting. You give your own data, but get back the picture of the whole market. Generally, MK data is covered by confidentiality agreements as stations have no interest in having listeners or the public track their billings.

So, if you want the data you have to pay for it.

I hope that is not a "sarcastic" thanks...

Information such as what you want is either provided by a company such as BIA / Kelsey or done for the internal use of stations.

BIA spends lots of money keeping its radio database current. They track technical facilities, ownership, revenue, power ratios, ratings, staff, contact addresses and emails formats, coverage patterns and much more. They have a team of dedicated staffers doing this. To justify the work, they charge for it.

Stations in most markets give revenue data each month to MK or some other accounting firm. This allows stations to see their entire market and how revenue is splitting. You give your own data, but get back the picture of the whole market. Generally, MK data is covered by confidentiality agreements as stations have no interest in having listeners or the public track their billings.

So, if you want the data you have to pay for it.

Or just as importantly, rivals...

ixnay

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom