• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

wpen hd-3 and wstw hd-3

WPEN-HD-3, is now running a scroll that notes, Latino hit music with English and Spanish announcers and music. Using the 97 frequency on the HD scroll...On another note, what is going to happen to the WDEL simulcast on WSTW's HD-3. I can receive the HD-3 better than the 101.7 signal in CC, Phila., I think the WSTW-HD-3 signal is stronger and more powerful than the 101.7 signal.

the wpen-hd3 will be rebroadcasting a new spanish station on 97.1 in philly that'll debut starting april 1

I passed the WFAI facilities a few days ago, I was shocked 4 broken down towers, 3 stand alone with the side wires all broken and one thin one with some cell phone antennas on it. Looked like the transmitter house was hit by a bomb, holes in roof sides falling off. This place should be shut down its really in bad shape....who really wants it...

001.jpg wfai

Last edited:
According to WDEL's announcement about 101.7 WDEL-FM they also said: "Through the deal, Delmarva Broadcasting also acquired Faith 1510 AM which will continue to play gospel music."

Nothing about WFAI going on 93.7 HD3. They might keep WDEL there as that signal reaches areas that 1150 AM and 101.7 FM don't.

http://www.wdel.com/story.php?id=67157

They might keep WDEL there as that signal reaches areas that 1150 AM and 101.7 FM don't.

Agreed, for instance all parts of Philadephia. Its just a shame Graffiti Radio (HD-2), is so off the wall, when they first launched years back, they were a straight up Alternative, sort of like WRFF but with more harder cuts. They were a nice change of pace from WRFF, then they switched to Graffiti Radio, and I have no idea what that format is, unlistenable for my taste. I guess this signal proves with HD brute power wins out, because they have a great HD signal, I would imagine they are putting out almost 5,000 watts on both their 2 and 3.

wstw.jpg

wstw1.jpg

Last edited:
They might keep WDEL there as that signal reaches areas that 1150 AM and 101.7 FM don't.

But none of that extra coverage is in the Wilmington market.

Agreed, for instance all parts of Philadephia. Its just a shame Graffiti Radio (HD-2), is so off the wall, when they first launched years back, they were a straight up Alternative, sort of like WRFF but with more harder cuts. They were a nice change of pace from WRFF, then they switched to Graffiti Radio, and I have no idea what that format is, unlistenable for my taste. I guess this signal proves with HD brute power wins out, because they have a great HD signal, I would imagine they are putting out almost 5,000 watts on both their 2 and 3.

HD on FM is one signal with bandwidth that can be divided into one or more HD channels. Individual HD channels do not have "power" as they are just allocations of the overall HD bandwidth.

The HD signal for WPEN is likely limited to 4% of the analog signal level, or 1040 watts. If that causes interference with another tight allocation, they might be using even less.

Last edited:
WPEN-HD-3, is now running a scroll that notes, Latino hit music with English and Spanish announcers and music. Using the 97 frequency on the HD scroll...On another note, what is going to happen to the WDEL simulcast on WSTW's HD-3. I can receive the HD-3 better than the 101.7 signal in CC, Phila., I think the WSTW-HD-3 signal is stronger and more powerful than the 101.7 signal.

But more people have an FM radio than have an HD radio. Plus, I'm betting they will turn off the stereo carrier which will make the reception better/stronger.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom