• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Looking for suggestions on outboard processing gear

Has anyone tried the Behringer SPL3220 Ultramizer?

I am always looking for minimal delay (analog) processing for on-air studios, where on-air talent can no longer monitor direct off air audio. They still crave some type of processing in their headphones, but it's hard to get money out of corporate for this type of gear. An Aphex 320A Compellor and 720 Dominator II would work great, but even those used prices are still pretty high. I just recently discovered this piece of equipment. The one review I have read makes the unit sound favorable.

http://www.zzounds.com/productreview--BEHSPL3220

For under $200, I'll probably take the plunge, and give one a try.

I'll bet the delay in the headphones will still be unacceptable. You really need some older analog multiband processor like a CRL box. You can still find a CRL SEP 800 on EBay pretty cheap.

That's what I'd figured. I've been looking at it as a possible final piece in the chain for a new school gym PA system, so a delay would be an instant disqualifier for me. Glad to know that's the case.

We use a DBX 1231 and 1066 together to beef up the HP mix and it has worked well. I have also heard of folks using a old spare 8200 for the job, if you have the rack space!

Just letting everyone know that I purchased one, and within 15 minutes of testing it, I formed an opinion of it barely does anything. Those of us that have used Omnia, Aphex, and Orban gear over the years, will/would find this Behringer piece useless (ie, don't waste your time or money).

I am good with AGC (Symetrix 422, Aphex 320A, etc.), and final limiting (Aphex 720 Dominator II), but looking for suggestions of what could go in the middle, to simulate OTA FM processing. I'm trying to create a simple chain for the guys in the studio. It's already been suggested CRL SEP-800 might work. Does anyone have any other suggestions of what might do the work of some Audio Prisms? Prisms, when available, are a bit out of my price range. Looking for only low latency analog box suggestions. Thanks.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom