• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Cruisin' 690 kwrp

Former I-25 radio network station, now branded Cruisin', plays good selection of 1950's thru early 80's tunes!! Based in Pueblo, can be heard 40 miles north in Colorado Springs during the day.

Check them out!

http://oldiesinpueblo.com/

KWRP 690 has really expanded their playlist and taking lunchtime requests M-F, 12-1pm. Good to hear a station like this!!

No signal coming from AM 690 for the last three months. Probably off the air. Oh well, it was nice while it lasted, which wasn't long. Word is that they were having transmitter and phasing issues and they sounded horrible before the final crash!

KWRP still off?

Just curious...is KWRP still off the air? What about it's companion FM translator on 100.3? It looks like the last update on the station's website was in September.

Just curious...is KWRP still off the air? What about it's companion FM translator on 100.3? It looks like the last update on the station's website was in September.

They are back on, but are having "phasing" problems (songs that sound one-sided, or missing instruments effects). They generally play the same music (generally 60's thru some early 80's). I cannot get 100.3 where I live, but 690 comes in decent. I'd listen more, but I can't stand half-sounding songs. I wish they'd fix this problem.

690 oldies format has been temporarily suspended in place of "The Buzz" which plays R&B classics. They are working on their equipment to get it up and running to start broadcasting oldies once again, according to their facebook page. Disappointed in this station with terrible broadcast quality of late. If and when the oldies return, hope it sounds much better than it's been lately, with poor reception in the Springs and constant phasing issues for the last two years!

Now broadcasting on a secondary frequency in the Springs on 101.3, when that shopping network is not on. I'd wish they'd get rid of that! I'd much rather hear this music, which sounds really good on the FM.

If you have to spend any money on the operation you might as well spend it on the FM. Not that it's right but if you have to make a choice on where your money is going all that matters is keeping the a.m. on the air it doesn't have to sound good.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom