• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Lydia Cruz

Does anyone know why she was fired at Moving?

This might be a clue - from her Facebook page:

"Three or so people out here have missed my mediocre humor, so starting Monday I'll be podcasting from my PROFESSIONAL home studio (MacBook Pro). As a man of the people, I need to know what you guys want to hear! Photon Stories? Fax Taps? Irrelevant/Untimely Traffic Reports? Win Lydia's Lollipops?"

I know all that but what really happened for her to be fired? It is nowhere on her Facebook page.

I can see why Richard (in your example link) didn't cut it in radio (or stand-up comedy apparently), nor could I see him doing well in podcasting. Who would want to hear someone jabber-on like that?

http://www.thecitywild.com/the-magical-art-of-loss/

An excerpt:

"I was embarrassingly unprepared for such a loss (the job) when my boss beckoned me to his office late one Friday, and three minutes later I left unemployed. BAM. Instantly my job was gone, a priceless valuable disappeared. It felt like a cruel display of magic in which I was an unknowing participant. I knew I worked with some incredibly gifted illusionists. I just never imagined I’d be a subject for demonstration.

"After all, I spent four years working beside them as their trusty assistant. A less glamorous position than most, but one I genuinely loved. I worked hard to make sure star performances went off seamlessly. Saw me in half, light me on fire, chain me to a tiger, anything for the cause. We were a team and that meant sacrificing privacy, dignity, even ethics for the act. Imagine starting out as street performers together, with an audience you can count on one hand. But slowly, with creativity and hard work you build a reputation. You start booking venues, touring fairs, and finally, years later you’ve become the #1 show in your area, selling out arenas. All your sacrifices have finally paid off – your moments of humiliation, back-breaking labor, all those backstage tears. But before you can really celebrate your success, you are blindsided by the greatest magic trick of all. One four years in the making. You’re back to performing on the street, but this time you’re on your own."

Ok, Bong. That one got me. As soon as his face loaded and I heard his voice, I lost it. Out of all of your posts I've read for the past seven, eight years...this one wins. Thank you.

Ryan Rocks! He has a very bright future at Machine gun death metal rock formatted station. "Up next, Sepultura! !"

Actually, Ford, you're over qualified. You have experience now, and that's something that isn't required over at Hubbard.

You should probably take a look at the ratings before taking a potshot at Movin'.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom