• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

KIMN sarcastic promo from the 70s/80s

ContinuousWave

Star Participant
Back in the late 70s (or 1980?), KIMN in Denver had put together a self debasing promo tape that was called "Thats It Denver, the party is over...you can blow it out your a$$"...

I think the PD of KIMN did it himself...at least thats what I remember being told..but may not have been..

mentioned the night jock, Nightsmoke, as one "who would not know a tight set from the hole in his (rear)..no more top LPs from the Nightscmuck!!"

DOES ANYONE recall that or have a copy of it?? I was working for CC (then) at KHYS/KPAC-A in Port Arthur, TX (their first purchase outside San Antonio when CC was 1st formed) and we were all on the floor losing it while laughing....and alas, I lost the copy of the tape I had over the years...would LOVE to hear that again after allllll these years...

Have not looked on reelradio.com yet but it may be there...but wanted to ask here 1st?? I posted in several FB groups, etc...and no luck....

("Carnation Slender, the only dietetic drink that would not take weight off a cancer patient!".......Yes, it was nasty and sometimes vulgar...but it was SOOO funny!! SOMEONE has got to have a copy of it!)

TIA

Just so we're clear, the OP is talking about THE ORIGINAL KIMN - NOT Mix 100 (Which is the current KIMN) :D

Cheers & 73 :)

Just so we're clear, the OP is talking about THE ORIGINAL KIMN - NOT Mix 100 (Which is the current KIMN) :D

Cheers & 73 :)

Yes, KIMN on AM......when top40 was personality and good radio...not the homogenized garbage today

(970 1976 has been the K I M N request line...the key words here is HAS BEEN..now we are tired of symplectic teenagers calling and wondering if Donny and Marie have started masturbating yet!! So instead of the request line, we've installed the DESTRUCTO line!! Ever time one of you SOBs call us, we are gonna take a drunken bum and grind him into hamburger meat for horses...and if you don't like that, that's just tough!!)

Or least that's how I remember part of it...though it may not be an exact quote!! :)

Last edited:
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom