• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

CHTT JACK FM 103.1 to Kiss FM

crainbebo

Walk of Fame Participant
Doesn't relate to KJAQ, they are owned by CBS. Rogers radio is flipping select radio stations to "KISS" (they also flipped Sonic 104.9 in the lower mainland).

It's a station that can be picked up in Whatcom, Skagit, Snohomish, Island, Jefferson counties. That's quite a bit of the Seattle market, plus some other areas. Over in Yakima, we had another flip - KBBO 1390 Selah to Fox Sports "The Fan" (which I don't mind, as FSR is almost unlistenable on most of their affiliates at night, maybe KJR-AM one of the only good targets here), but no morning show shakeups, and no controversy with any of the mainstream stations.
And I didn't really complain in this post. I just said that CKLG (CJAX) and KJAQ remain, and that's still two Jack FMs next to each other. I enjoy the JACK FM format, as there's more variety than most of the classic hits stations...even though they have more 80s and 90s, which is the main decades for the Jack format. There could be some listeners in Victoria (and maybe mainland WA as well) that may start listening to CHTT from CHBE for their top 40 fix.

Had I reported a flip in Winnipeg on the Seattle board, then that's grounds for complaining. But this is a station that many (including Bongwater, Goldilocks and others) can actually hear on their radios as well as the Seattle and South Sound stations. And we've talked about Canadian FM in the past...probably hundreds of times. There probably isn't much going on in Seattle in the radio world. KNDD's "2 Minute Promise," we've already talked about that. KRWM getting rid of Mark Christopher, we already talked about that. KVOS adding "Seattle" to their legal ID is on the national TV board, since it doesn't fit into the regional TV boards. And I'm SURE up in Bellingham and Mount Vernon, where KBKS and KQMV sound like crap, I'm sure the teens and young adults listen to Victoria and Vancouver CHRs. Which by the way, 94.5 CFBT is flipping to "Virgin Radio" ex-CKZZ this March. Same format as before.

So I'm not being a grump. I'm just reporting a format change that is just SEVENTY miles away from Seattle. Not 700, not 1700, but 70.

-crainbebo

I enjoy the JACK FM format, as there's more variety than most of the classic hits stations...even though they have more 80s and 90s, which is the main decades for the Jack format. There could be some listeners in Victoria (and maybe mainland WA as well) that may start listening to CHTT from CHBE for their top 40 fix.

-crainbebo

Ehhh I wouldn't call it a format. It's more of a branding strategy.

I think crain 'the grump' bebo is really bored in Yakima...what is there to do except get on a SEATTLE radio board and complain about a market he can't listen to OTA?

When the usual sourpusses up here come up with exciting radio news happening in Seattle, then you can criticize crainbebo. Until then, the rest of the readers will take what they can get...

It seems like we are due for some big radio news in Seattle; it's been a long time since anything major happened.

Time was there would be a major format/ownership change or two every year. It kept the blood circulating and kept radio interesting because with more owners, more people were willing to take chances. After 1996, that slowed a few every decade. YAWN!

Hmm I find this flip interesting. Jack had gone AC-leaning in recent years and dropped the usual Jack voice for the same one that's on KPPK down here in Longview, which I can sometimes get here in Vancouver. Interestingly, this brings 103.1 full circle as it was CHR when it first went commercial fm in 2001. Meanwhile in Seattle, I've noticed that Click has gone back to alt-leaning Modern AC and put Brad and Heather together for a shift I can't quite figure out.

When the usual sourpusses up here come up with exciting radio news happening in Seattle, then you can criticize crainbebo. Until then, the rest of the readers will take what they can get...

Go listen to K-Bong and enjoy all of those continues hits!

Go listen to K-Bong and enjoy all of those continues hits!

Well first, K-Bong WON'T go ON the air. It will be IN the air. And you WON'T escape it. But you'll begin to like it. Even LOVE it......Continuous HITS. 24/7......

Last edited:
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom