• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Todd and Jayde - How long?

Shredder

Leading Participant
Every now and then I'll tune in if only to hear how bad it can get....The show is a train wreck. The two hosts clearly hate each other. Todd doesn't let Jade Speak. Jayde talks over todd like he's not there, and or goes to Annie for discussion rather than her co host. monk hardly says anything, and their rotating traffic reporters sound like they are broadcasting from a bathroom at the end of the world.

I'm betting that at the end of their summer blast off, todd and monk will be gone, and it'll be Annie and Jade in the morning.

Or does cumulus not even care at this point?

I don't think it is possible to make inroads against Elvis right now but Jayde deserves a fair chance at trying it and I'm sorry but Todd needs to exit to an oldies or talk format where he can excel with his skill set.

WPLJ needs to be a mass appeal hits station, one that plays just the biggest hits of today along with a killer nyc focused gold catalog that goes back from the mid 90s to now. Cherry pick all the best songs over the last 20 years that test best with a 38yo female.

Then Jayde could be the anchor, the anti-zoo type show that is so dang female focused that guys should cringe when they turn it on in the morning.

By this time next year, Jayde will have done to Todd what Todd did to Scott. Except Todd will have to go do mornings in market 100 for 1/10 the money, because he's not good.

By this time next year, Jayde will have done to Todd what Todd did to Scott. Except Todd will have to go do mornings in market 100 for 1/10 the money, because he's not good.

Todd can always go back to wrestling announcing.

it would be hillarious if they tried to do a big farewell show for todd and no one called in. I'm really hoping he doesn't last much past may 28th. PLJ really needs to start fresh.

Every now and then I'll tune in if only to hear how bad it can get....The show is a train wreck. The two hosts clearly hate each other. Todd doesn't let Jade Speak. Jayde talks over todd like he's not there, and or goes to Annie for discussion rather than her co host. monk hardly says anything, and their rotating traffic reporters sound like they are broadcasting from a bathroom at the end of the world.

I'm betting that at the end of their summer blast off, todd and monk will be gone, and it'll be Annie and Jade in the morning.

Or does cumulus not even care at this point?

This reminds me of a guy I worked with named Larry. He wouldn't talk to any of his co-workers unless he had to. They paired a female air talent with him to do mornings and he wouldn't let her speak much on the show. They eventually moved her to another shift by herself. Wouldn't a Progam Director say something about guys like Todd and tell him the show is more than just him. In Larry's case we think he had connections to the owner.. she used to say I think Larry's got pictures... What does Todd have over whoever is his boss?

Cindy Vero joins WPLJ as traffic reporter for morning drive (Todd and Jayde) and afternoon drive (John Foxx). She's probably best known as Paul "Cubby" Bryant's co-host on the 'KTU morning show.
Most recently she's been on-air at WSPK Poughkeepsie "K-104", WHUD Peekskill and WMGQ New Brunswick, NJ "Magic 98.3".

Story link: http://mediaconfidential.blogspot.com/2015/02/nyc-radio-cindy-vero-joins-955plj-as.html

reading his quote in this article.
i'm still wondering where john foxx came from and how he managed to replace scott as PD. I heard a clip of his on air performance and he sounded like a college radio DJ who just got to the mic for the first time.

I haven't heard the show yet, but Jayde is good and I'm sure she is playing nice now and going along, seeing if Todd will be able to compliment her, if what is said here is true I'm sure that Foxx and his bosses would move Todd if he's not playing nice or they realize it is not working, as the ratings went pretty sour since Scott left.

All of these morning shows can't all be music intensive, going against Elvis.
Ktu does 40 songs in a row commercial free at 830a, before that Cuddy Carolina keep it music intensive.
Shoboy on 923? I wish him luck but amp should just be about the music, they must not let him talk much or if they do they will revert to 'more music' before he'd get a chance to develop a following anyway.
1027 plays alot of music in the morning, the djs keep it moving nicely.

PLJ is the odd man out right now format wise.

Z100 heritage mainstream chr
KTU compliments z100 and lite, as it goes now they are 85% a regular chr, only fall out boy and harder hip hop are left out but that's now much.
they do more older stuff than z100(recurrents/gold) but they also kill their top 4 or 5 just as much or more so.

Fresh is a hot ac with a pop/rock new music element, with no alt here they play what they can in the confines of being a female focused adult hit music station. They skip a few of the edm hip hop hits obviously, and they play less gold than most hot acs do.

Amp then is your typical rhythmic leaning chr, they don't kill the taylor/ed sheeran like the rest do, plays alot of new music and has successfully shed the jersey shore poor mans z100 image that now was hampered with.

Where does plj fit in? Where is their (there a) niche? Clone z100 musically? Go more gold based? Ktu and Amp got the rhythmic side, z100 has the center and fresh has the rock side. This boring version of adult chr they are doing now is nice for a lot of medium sized markets but it doesn't have a place in New York. I see only one way of going but any ideas have at it, it's the biggest problem in NYC radio right now, besides maybe the falling apart of hot 97 and a possible attempt at a re-tool surprise more rhythmic chr....

I saw Chicago is getting a station called WSHE, apparently all female centric. at this point I wouldn't be surprised if that was PLJs next move LOL

i'm still wondering where john foxx came from and how he managed to replace scott as PD. I heard a clip of his on air performance and he sounded like a college radio DJ who just got to the mic for the first time.

A radio friend of mine said most PD's don't sound too great on air. I had three on air jobs and all three stations the PD's sounded low key too almost wimpy. Some that are good I guess you could say Scott Shannon of course. Beau Richards I-100 Dayona 1985-86 ..was one I heard when I was in Jax, FL.

I was listening a little this morning just for the hell of it. the show is so sad now.

plj needs to get rid of him sooner rather than later and star fresh like the past 23 years never happened. but personally i don't think they'll ever recover to where they where.

Right

I'm wondering where your show is on the dial so I can listen and critique you! I think Foxx sounds good.

I was listening a little this morning just for the hell of it. the show is so sad now.

plj needs to get rid of him sooner rather than later and star fresh like the past 23 years never happened. but personally i don't think they'll ever recover to where they where.

I went to the PLJ website..just to check it out last night.. they have that Zach and the Gang syndicated show on overnight 3am to 6 I think. I noticed the ad on this board for that show and saying radio is trending. IF this show is so great why is it on graveyard shift. I know NYC is the city that never sleeps but really overnights isn't rated..

I havn't been to the PLJ website in ages....but just looking at the website now, i'm surprised race taylor is still even bothering being there. he's the only one left from better days at the station that doesn't have a gimmick or can still hold his own.

As for their line up of 'DJ's'...Brad Maybe sounds like a bad stage name. I wonder how many of these no names are syndicated now?

As for 'Zach and the Gang', sounds like they are trying to relaunch scott and todd, as if scott and todd where rebooted for the 'modern' era. a 'zany radio show focusing on reality and modern celebrity'...... maybe this is what they hope would replace todd and jayde if that decides to not work out? If so, I can't see their audience gaining any. young people just don't care about radio these days unless it's Z100. and why should they? you can find better selections of commercial free shows/music online. and the shows don't really engage you like they used to so you get invested in the characters they are selling. back in the early days of scott and todd, I couldn't wait to see what happened next morning....even though most of my school friends where hooked on the more modern sound of Z100 at the time.

Since WPLJ is clearly trying to target the 25 year olds of the world, and it clearly wasn't working with the todd show or todd and jayde...and they replace them with this zach and the gang thing....what they would do if their audience of whatever loyal scott and todd fans they have left, leaves and they drop lower than a 1.4....

Jayde is replacing Todd and Jayde. That's pretty much a given at this point.

I'm betting Jayde will get a job in TV again. She came from that medium as well as radio. Most people use radio as a stepping stone to TV.. More $$$ too. She's got two kids and a live in significant other.

my gut tells me todd will be gone by june. if things don't work out with jayde, jayde will be gone by december.
and this sang and the gang thing will replace them nationally.

I read where zach and the gang will be relocating to Westwood one studios in LA and will be offering the show 7p to midnight. 4p start time I guess in LA. They are supposed to be live with the audience. Not for Morning Drive it looks like.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom