• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Glory days of XM

Shredder

Leading Participant
Does anyone have any audio recordings of the glory days of XM? Now THAT was a fun service. Until the merger happened, and radio business as usual Sirius killed the fun and ingenuity that XM represented.

I'm specifically l ooking for the goofy on the Rocks that basically played goofy lounge music all day. but anything from the disco channels and soundtrack channels would also work.

is there an online service that represents what XM was thatmight be fun to listen too?

OTR was deleted in 2004, long before the merger.
It is one of the many channels that more people cry over than ever listened to when it was available.

Greatest thing about XM pre merger was their annual special called "It" where every hit from 1930 on was presented on the decades channels with commentary and news events that happened at the time of the music. It lasted several weeks and was the greatest long form special i ever heard. After the merger the show never aired. It was last heard in 2007.

Greatest thing about XM pre merger was their annual special called "It"...
Special X had lots of special event programs.
My favorite "short form special" was the weekly airing of Iron Butterfly's full length version of "In A Gadda da Vida",
Saturdays at eleven PM Eastern time on Deep Tracks.
1323280585940_1303677.png

Last edited:
Greatest thing about XM pre merger was their annual special called "It" where every hit from 1930 on was presented on the decades channels with commentary and news events that happened at the time of the music. It lasted several weeks and was the greatest long form special i ever heard. After the merger the show never aired. It was last heard in 2007.

Agreed. "It" was a great listen.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom