• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

On/Off Microphone Light

Gentlemen
I am installing an "Arrakis" radio console for a friend in his studio.I am unfamiliar with hooking up a
microphone On/Off air light on the wall.(when the mics are hot the light goes on)
Are there "tally" inputs/outputs for the console that hooks up to a 25 volt DC power supply that in turn is connected
to the light ? I don't have the console or manual as yet.
Any specific instructions and advice would be greatly appreciated.Many thanks.

Jack
[email protected]

Yes. The Arrakis provides a signal on one of its connectors that is driven to ground when one of the mics is on. You'll need a relay to make this work, the Arrakis can't drive the light directly. The Arrakis manual is on their web site.

Yes. The Arrakis provides a signal on one of its connectors that is driven to ground when one of the mics is on. You'll need a relay to make this work, the Arrakis can't drive the light directly. The Arrakis manual is on their web site.

First, my deepest sympathies on having to work-on or install an Arrakis radio console. Those things are, shall I say, less than good quality. On any console "on air light" connections, you provide +5 to 12VDC voltage source to an external solid state relay (like from a wall-wort power supply source), and the minus or ground connection via your Arrakis tally connection. As was mentioned prior, when the mic is turned on, a ground connection is provided by the console which turns on the solid state relay. On the 120VAC side to make the on air light function, wire the neutral (white) directly to the light from your wall source and the hot (black) through the solid state relay AC-switched-side connection. In fact, here are the details right from Arrakis: http://arrakis-systems.com/pdfs/MARC On Air Lights.pdf

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom