Buy yourself a radio station, March 2, in Fort Lauderdale
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Buy yourself a radio station, March 2, in Fort Lauderdale

Post Buy yourself a radio station, March 2, in Fort Lauderdale

Check out the file. Looks like the auction for 4 JCE stations, including one in Dallas, will be held at some attorney's office in Fort Lauderdale on March 2 at 10am. I assume anyone could just show up? Any thoughts who might be there?

There are some interesting files you can download, too.

https://goradiotv.sharefile.com/down...627e09b8342b38

I'm guessing one of the companies who will be showing up is Beasley. Would be great (in their opinion) to have a 50kw station to broadcast paid programs throughout South Florida. Nice addition to 740, 980 and 1470.

CBS could be interested in another AM to pair up with their new stations, although none of the James Crystal facilities really get into Miami at night.

Palm Beach Broadcasting could add another station to their nice FM group. http://www.palmbeach-broadcasting.com/

Or, the owners of the stand-alone Legends 100.3, a new station in town, might want to expand a bit.

I don't think anyone will actually bid for WFLL 1400, which doesn't have a tower anymore. I think there is some wire strung from a church steeple that's acting as the antenna.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by AMRocks View Post
    Or, the owners of...Legends 100.3...might want to expand a bit.
    ...with some translators inside a massive AM footprint along the lines of Seaview.
    Ai4i has Always Been on the Trailing Edge of Technology!

I'll bid $15 for the Fort Lauderdale cluster, since that's about all they're worth. Whoever wants the Texas station can have it.

Question:

How can they sell (transfer) the station licenses without FCC approval?

Frank

I just hope that this means an end to hearing the sweet sounds of Joyce Kaufman.

Quote Originally Posted by frankberry View Post
    Question:

How can they sell (transfer) the station licenses without FCC approval?

Frank
    I was curious about that too. And they have to give minority preference as well. Since I am female..i may still classify for that and would have a chance to get approved. A male friend of mine applied for an FM frequency years ago and he said he would have put me on the application had he known I was coming back to town. He said his wife wouldn't count. The station ended up with a woman that took it religion. I would keep Barsky on WFTL on mornings. not afternoons and hopefully syndicate. The rest of the day could be business talk. Maybe Barsky's got the bucks and he's holding out to buy the station..that could be why his picture is still on the website.

So if you go to the Auction and no one else shows up you could bid a dollar and get the stations.. Maybe there's a minimum bid.
    Don't they have to Auction the one located in Dallas ...in TX..not in FL since it's located in TX? I've got a Mega millions ticket for Friday...you think 74 mil would be enough money to have on hand to start out....Barsky will probably want half to do mornings..LOL

Somewhere in the fine print the words "subject to FCC approval" undoubtedly appear.

Quote Originally Posted by TGunn View Post
    So if you go to the Auction and no one else shows up you could bid a dollar and get the stations.. Maybe there's a minimum bid.
    Don't they have to Auction the one located in Dallas ...in TX..not in FL since it's located in TX? I've got a Mega millions ticket for Friday...you think 74 mil would be enough money to have on hand to start out....Barsky will probably want half to do mornings..LOL

It looks like 1400 has been STA for more than a year with no further filing to keep the license alive. May not be anything to auction on that one. ???

Quote Originally Posted by TGunn View Post
    I was curious about that too. And they have to give minority preference as well. Since I am female..i may still classify for that and would have a chance to get approved. A male friend of mine applied for an FM frequency years ago and he said he would have put me on the application had he known I was coming back to town. He said his wife wouldn't count. The station ended up with a woman that took it religion. I would keep Barsky on WFTL on mornings. not afternoons and hopefully syndicate. The rest of the day could be business talk. Maybe Barsky's got the bucks and he's holding out to buy the station..that could be why his picture is still on the website.
    Barsky hasn't been on the station in at least a year.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast