• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

RIP Andrae Crouch

anotherguyTN

Walk of Fame Participant
I was looking at the Grammy website today and saw in the In Loving Memory section that Andrae Crouch had died on Jan. 8. He was a pioneering CCM artist, one of the first CCM artists I discovered, and a longtime favorite of mine. I didn't hear it mentioned on CCM radio, but like in the death of Larry Norman, there were probably just brief mentions in the news but no real tributes for his place in Christian music history. Hopefully Black Gospel radio did more tributes. He was 72.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andraé_Crouch

http://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2015/january-web-only/remembering-andrae-crouch-dead-at-72.html

Forget the tributes. I have plans of playing his and Mr. Norman's music, in heavy rotation, once I sign on. Those two guys continue to impact me and my walk with God. Not going to avoid them, because they seem out of fashion now. Want to spotlight those singers and songwriters, most folks are wanting to forget on purpose.

Dan <><

P.S. Going to be more than just a "New Music" station. Want to play the older songs too.

Forget the tributes. I have plans of playing his and Mr. Norman's music, in heavy rotation, once I sign on. Those two guys continue to impact me and my walk with God. Not going to avoid them, because they seem out of fashion now. Want to spotlight those singers and songwriters, most folks are wanting to forget on purpose.

Dan <><

P.S. Going to be more than just a "New Music" station. Want to play the older songs too.

I was just digitizing some Larry Norman songs off old albums and tapes the other day. UFO, 6 Sixty, etc. A little quirky, but very strong messages. Andre Crouch is still in the queue to be digitized. This is going to be one heck of a format - I think I have about 2000 songs in all ready to go, but only 400 or so I would put in heavy rotation.

I am sorry to hear that. He was one of two recording artists that I know that were backed by a group called the Disciples. The other was Canadian singer Robbie Lane, now the evening air personality (6 - 10 p.m. ET M-F) on CFZM, AM 740 in Toronto. (That's C-F-Zed-M. it's Canada). Robbie Lane & the Disciples were originally hired to back rockabilly star Ronnie Hawkins as his band The Hawks went their separate ways and became The Band.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom