• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

KFSD 1450, KSPA 1510- now Country

Big 121

Leading Participant
After a lot of dead air Sunday, Astor flipped 1450 Escondido from financial news to "Cow" 1450...
Similar programming at 1510 Ontario, CA

92.1 FM Escondido was once KOWN, with a country format

It looks like The Astor Group has spun the Programming Roulette wheel again. Spanish/Christian heard all morning. Could be brokered time...
...no mention on either website.

...3 months in a single format. Art Astor's really going for habit listeners, isn't he? /sarcasm

KOWN was at 1450 AM back in the 60s, with a popular music format. Their studio was in the Ting's Pharmacy plaza where people could see the DJs spinning the records.

Looks like 'KOW Kountry' was Astor's last stunt. It's "Guadalupe Radio" 24/7 (Spanish Catholic) My limited knowledge of Spanish they are running "tell your friends" spots for San Diego and San Bernardino (KSPA). There is also a simple TOH ID in English for both stations. If indeed this is a 'lease with option to buy' agreement, Astor Broadcasting is in effect, no more (sadly)

Something going on at Astor's 1450/1510 stations? Except for TOH ID's , just dead air, since 8 am. Guadalupe Radio miss some payments? Like when Radio Korea was programming?...

Its amazing how many format turnovers Astor group has gone through.........
There was a day when Pacific Coast Broadcasting owned 1510am as KSOM, the Sound of Music for Inland Empire, and was #1 in the market back in the 70s if memory serves me right.
I was on their Sunday staff then.
The office/studio/transmitter building is just a shell the last time i visited a couple of years ago when Astor was playing Big Band
d nelson ward

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom