• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Michael Medved taking time off

Michael Medved spent at least part of his show on Friday 01/30/15 sharing with listeners that he must leave his show in order to get chemotherapy for what is probably throat cancer. I only heard portions of his last hour, but his voice did sound hoarse. He told listeners that some time ago, his family members saw something on his neck. Later it was diagnosed as a cancer. He's going in for chemotherapy followed by some time for recovery. Consistent with his message of "I am not a victim", he said he is a cancer victor as it was caught in time. The morning drive show host at the, (I presume), Salem station in Dallas, TX will be his most consistent fill-in host. I wish Michael well. His is an exciting radio talk show precisely because he relishes taking calls from people who disagree with him. In fact, he as specific "Disagreement Days", and he doesn't shout down those who take him to task on an issue.

Here's to a quick recovery. I know a radio guy who had throat cancer and managed to beat it without losing his voice. Hopefully Medved can do the same.

As a right-wing talk show host, Medved stands out for his intelligence, insight, ability to articulate his views and for civility. All rare qualities amongst the breed.

He was also my third favorite TV movie critic (after Gene and Roger, of course).

As a right-wing talk show host, Medved stands out for his intelligence, insight, ability to articulate his views and for civility. All rare qualities amongst the breed.

He was also my third favorite TV movie critic (after Gene and Roger, of course).

How about you just wish the guy well and say how much you like him without taking shots at other hosts?

That post wasn't bad. At least it wasn't a dig against a guy recovering from cancer like another poster did.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom