• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Would the Power Pig Work in the PPM Era?

ScottBurns

Star Participant
Very simple question: Would 93.3/the Power Pig work in the PPM Era? I am not referring to Bubba's recent stunt on 98.7. I mean a CHR station that is very personality-driven. Yes, in the PPM world, the segments would have to be short, and there would have to be more of a focus on the music. But could a personality-driven, raunchiest-CHR-station-in-the-United States - one that calls out its competition by name, and has talent akin to Bubba at night and Schnitt in his prime in Morning Drive - thrive in today's environment?

I would sure hope so. From hearing old air checks, the old Power Pig was completely kick ass! I would listen for sure. No stations have personality like that any more. Bubba and Scotty Davis on the current FLZ are about it. Otherwise it's a vast wasteland of liner card reading mediocrity.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom