• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

End of KNXR

passtheword

Star Participant
http://www.97five.com/ is live and running a test stream. This is an endeavor of the former owners or KNXR. 1/1/16 will be the first day of official broacasting, but you can enjoy the soft launch right now.

Listening to 97five's stream as I write this email, here in Prescott, AZ the music
is a bit different than what I'd typically hear on KAHM but no less satisfying.....
It makes a very, very nice alternative.......Wishing them great success!

Okay, I'm confused here.

The article linked to at RI has Lance reporting that the sale was originally announced on January 30 and format flipped February 24. Neither of those dates are current to today.

Either I'm missing something here that isn't clear in the article or the OP just made a big deal about an ownership and format change that happened ten months ago.

Okay, I'm confused here.

The article linked to at RI has Lance reporting that the sale was originally announced on January 30 and format flipped February 24. Neither of those dates are current to today.

Either I'm missing something here that isn't clear in the article or the OP just made a big deal about an ownership and format change that happened ten months ago.

The story's dated February of 2015 so....yeah.

Okay, I'm confused here.

I think the point you are missing is the fact that while the station/ownership changed
ten months ago, people wanting to listen online will soon, once again, be able to enjoy
online, the broadcast station they remember.

Oh, I see what happened.

Instead of starting a new thread about the stream, the poster attached it to a 11-month old post on the original station's demise. I would think that those interested might have preferred a new thread titled "KNXR back via streaming" or some such thing; attaching it this long after the fact might make some who would otherwise read the post think it was some late piece of information about the sale.

Of course, as Dennis Miller, said, that's just my opinion, I could be wrong.

Last edited:
And then the 97Five stream (the KNXR calls were kept with the broadcast radio property after the sale) is going to run smack into midnight New Year's Day. Zero-dark-hundred hours.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom