• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Imus in the Morning on WCFO, 1160 AM

Jeff Davis is breaking his contract with the syndicators of the Imus in the Morning program.

He is covering network commercial breaks and interrupting the program at 20 past the hour and rejoining 5 minutes late from the bottom of the hour break.

I have contacted Imus affiliate relations and urge you to do the same. I also urge you to boycott all sponsors that run in the breaks that Mr. Davis is running at that time. I will provide a list shortly.

I want to hear Imus and his crew, not Jeff going on about Champion Windows and others.

Thank you,

Flo W Renraw

Be careful.

TheBigA and PlanetEarth will jump you for being so viscous and demanding what you "pay for."

I know.

I still have stitches.

They're doing that with Michael Savage too. And its at 20:00 also. But those "internal breaks" are floating breaks controlled by the host. The station only gets the top and bottom of the hour slots.
My guess its an automation flaw. It is unlikely the internal breaks on both Imus and Savage occur at the same time.
OR, they oversold the shows and are trying to squeeze in more spots.
WSB does it in a different way. They use a time compression box to delay the start time of the show so they can squeeze in say another minute of spots. So when you hear the beginning of the Rush Limbaugh show, in real time it has already been on for a minute.
The time difference shrinks as the show approaches the end of the hour. The TC box compensates for the pitch difference since the show is sped up a little.
For slow talkers like Limbaugh and Clark Howard its hardly noticeable.
Don't know what brand of box they're using but I have had some experience with the Lexicon box which was used with videotape recorders.

Keep in mind that he company that owns the Imus and Savage contracts is based in Atlanta. If these folks are breaking their affiliation deal, the syndicators will find out.

Whoa!

I checked some other stations (WMAZ-940 and WLS-890) carrying these shows and they're doing the same thing. Apparently this IS their network clock. BUT, I admit WCFO gets into it a little raggedly. Sounds like they're using the clock rather than the cue tones to get into the local break.

Those stations (WCFO & WMLB) must be run as hobbies. I can't imagine they would be profitable since they have no ratings. Those spots you hear are probably trade-out accounts.

Those stations (WCFO & WMLB) must be run as hobbies.

WMLB is, and was when it was on 1160 too. Jack Weber is the guy.

Don't know what the goal of WCFO is, though...unless it's to turn a small profit to fund WMLB by clearing syndicated talk.

Just sent my e-mail to Jeff Davis and copied ****** *** **. Lets see what kind of response I get!

Last edited by a moderator:
I am certain your patient spirit and considerate nature will result in a very positive and prompt response.

Email them again. Email them every 30 minutes. They don't know it is you trying to reach them.

You might do better by voicemail. Just call the main number and ask for his voicemail.
I called complaining about the audio levels being all over the place. He didn't get back to me but the following week it, the low stuff was louder but some stuff was very loud almost into distortion.
Either they don't have a processor, its in bypass, or its broken.

No, the problem is Jeff is a sales guy playing radio. He needs to have a "radio" person run the day to day operations of the stations, not himself. It doesn't work.

No, the problem is Jeff is a sales guy playing radio. He needs to have a "radio" person run the day to day operations of the stations, not himself. It doesn't work.
Well, there you go. You've figured it out. Problem solved. Now why don't you just go and buy the station and let the programming be what you want it to be?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom