Anybody wants to talk about the john tesh show?
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Anybody wants to talk about the john tesh show?

  1. #1

    Anybody wants to talk about the john tesh show?

    Anybody wants to talk about the John Tesh show?

  2. #2

  3. #3
    I hear his show from time to time on EZ Rock 800 AM, a station in B.C. Canada.

  4. #4
    Apparently not. Considering that the person who started the thread has nothing to say about the show, why should he expect anyone else to?

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by blackgold View Post

    Anybody wants to talk about the John Tesh show?
    Thoughts....

    Kinda plain vanilla.

    The show is offerred free to stations....so it is an opportunity for stations to kill local talent and put on Tesh (for free). It's hard to beat "free".

    I get the impression Tesh and gang are hard workers....they've managed to get this thing up and syndicated while many other syndicated efforts have failed.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Wimmmex View Post
    The show is offerred free to stations....so it is an opportunity for stations to kill local talent and put on Tesh (for free). It's hard to beat "free".
    In my market it's on at 3:00 AM. Free or not, it's available for insomniacs who don't have cable, the internet, or something better to watch.

  7. #7
    John Tesh is not "free", nor are any of the syndicated shows, and why could they be? When your local spot rate is $15.00 for 30 seconds, and the network takes 2 minutes per hour, do the math. A four-hour show equates to giving up $240 per program. That's around $5,000 per month. One can argue that it's unsold air time that's being sacrificed, but that is not always the case.
    KSWW (AC) "Sunny" 102.1-101.1 -- KJET (Hot AC) "The Jet" 105.7-93.1 -- KANY (Hot Country) "Bigfoot" 107.3 -- KBKW (NewsTalk) "The Talk of Grays Harbor" 1450-100.5 -- KSWW HD-2 (Classic Rock) "The Quake" 103.9 -- KSWW HD-3 "Timber Country" 94.7<br />Keeping radio locally-owned on the Washington Coast.<br />Still using a microphone - 6:10-7:00 am - www.kbkw.com

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by bossbill View Post

    John Tesh is not "free", nor are any of the syndicated shows, and why could they be? When your local spot rate is $15.00 for 30 seconds, and the network takes 2 minutes per hour, do the math.
    In most all cases stations are running the network spots in a position that is not sold....that's why Tesh is on it the "off hours".

    Like when a concert promoter gives away tickets that they weren't going to sell anyway....they are, in effect free seats. The promoter doesn't lose anything.

    Quote Originally Posted by bossbill View Post

    and why could they be?
    Because the syndicator gets the spot clearance...and the station doesn't have to pay anything for a "show".

    In this case of Tesh, I don't think any stations are giving up paid spots to run the network spots in the Tesh (or Delilah) show....they are just giving them unused inventory. That's why the Tesh's and the Delilah's don't typically make it in the major markets.

    So, yes, in effect...the shows are free.

    Quote Originally Posted by bossbill View Post

    A four-hour show equates to giving up $240 per program. That's around $5,000 per month. One can argue that it's unsold air time that's being sacrificed, but that is not always the case.
    Its virtually almost ALWAYS the case. Find me a station pays (or gives up sold inventory) in the amount of $5,000/month ($60k/yr) for Tesh.
    Last edited by Wimmmex; 02-10-2015 at 10:44 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  




     
Our Conferences
Useful Contacts
Community


Contact Us