• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Where Are They Now?

O

Omnibus

What ever happened to Dana Hersey?
Great voice but sort of the Ted Baxter of the local media

Yep he is butchering morning drive at rim shotter WBOQ

He may be a great voice over guy, he might have been a good TV guy, but he sucks at radio.

He is a real step down after Charlie Curtis.

Personally I think WBOQ is in trouble, considering they are running Dial Global's stuff most of the day, and that is as bad as the morning show.

WBOQ used to be a really good station.... they started sliding after Jackie Ankeleese got canned after 20 years in a budget cut almost five years ago

Dana is also voicing for Howie Carr again ....

Last edited:
Yep he is butchering morning drive at rim shotter WBOQ

He may be a great voice over guy, he might have been a good TV guy, but he sucks at radio.

Dana is also voicing for Howie Carr again ....

Also, the audio quality of the Morning Show really sucks. Lots of overmodulation, as if no one (or nothing) is riding gain when the jocks come on. Even worse, Dana's voice sounds canned, not like he's in a studio live.

isn't Lady D. doing PM drive on a new format on the Cape?
Lady D was filling in last week for Frank Foley on WXLO/Worcester's morning show. The previous week, she filled in for Jen Carter on the morning show. Sounded quite obvious she wasn't in the studio but, then again, pretty sure Jen and Frank aren't back in the studio yet either. I thought Lady D was doing weekend work on WXLO as well but she isn't listed as one of the weekenders. In fact, they now have repeats of the morning show on Sunday mornings with Jen and Frank doing separate shows later in the day.

vacationing in Maine perhaps?
Dana came from considerable wealth. I was told years ago by a business associate of Dana's who was trying to syndicate The Movie Loft that Dana inheritance provided him with enough money for him to live a very comfortable life without ever having to cash a paycheck.

Dana has a house in Maine,which is why when he was on WBOQ he would only work 4 days a week in the late spring, summer and early fall.

Smart people with money keep making more money. Very few stop working.

The richest people I know still get up and go to work, and they are people with 10M+ net worths

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom