• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Tara Hitchcock Back On 3TV!

Tara was briefly back on 3TV this morning with Scott Pasmore. Tara is part of CBS5's coverage and they are pooling resources this week to cover the Super Bowl festivities. Although I wasn't a Tara fan, it was good to see her for a few minutes. It does raise a question though:

Would CBS 5 hire Tara to replace Kaley (who replaced Tara)? Would Tara want to do morning television again? What about Gina or Tess (who now seems to be the permanent fill-in for Kaley)?

What about Gina or Tess (who now seems to be the permanent fill-in for Kaley)?

There's no comparison for me. Gina Maravilla has a much smoother delivery as an anchor with a cool personality as well.
We sure wish Gina the absolute best for her future on GMAZ KTVK.

So when Scott said that Tara was returning to 3TV, I DVRed Monday's GMAZ, all 4.5 hours. Tara was on camera enough, but not too much. Tara and Scott have chemistry. Even when Tara was at her apex as an anchor, I thought she would be better a sit-down interviews or a program like Your Life A to Z. I think Tara is best just how she'll be utilized by KTVK this week: in small doses.

Plus, she was quoted as saying (at this point of her TV career) she was beyond sitting at a desk reading news.

Keep Gina as an anchor. Find a new traffic person. Tess stays on weekends.

I agree. Gina seems like a natural for the spot next to Scott or Javy. Hope that make her permanent.

"Keep Gina as an anchor. Find a new traffic person. Tess stays on weekends."

I couldn't agree with both of you more.

Gina handled it all today and was on spot. And she looked great too.

thanx

After seeing Tara again this morning, it reminded of all the reasons why I didn't care much for her. I would take either Gina or Tess over Tara, although I enjoy Tess on the weekends. Gina could take over as main anchor, with Chelsea Davis from CBS 5 doing traffic.

This morning (Jan 30) Tess anchored with Scott and Gina was back to the traffic desk. I hope 3TV makes a decision soon on who's going to be the permanent anchor.

Did Brad Perry make an appearance with Scott and Tara? He is over in Phoenix/Glendale covering the pre Super Bowl events for Good Morning San Diego (KUSI).

Did Brad Perry make an appearance with Scott and Tara? He is over in Phoenix/Glendale covering the pre Super Bowl events for Good Morning San Diego (KUSI).

I haven't seen Brad at all, but that would have been quite a coup. By the way, I heard that Brad would love to come back to the Phoenix market. Apparently, he's "matured" a bit in San Diego.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom