• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Spike and Joe show?

I haven't looked at what the maximum ERP for a C1 is at 709 meters, but 96.9 could be a C1 from South Mountain.

67,000 watts is the power for a full class "C" at 709 mtr HAAT

What's interesting is that the Tiger class C's run somewhat less than the allowed maximum power (KMPS comes closest) Likely due to a compromise with the combined antenna.

67,000 watts is the power for a full class "C" at 709 mtr HAAT

What's interesting is that the Tiger class C's run somewhat less than the allowed maximum power (KMPS comes closest) Likely due to a compromise with the combined antenna.

I never noticed that. Nevertheless, the Tiger Mountain stations sound better around the region than the Cougar stations (my opinion, of course).

Not to derail a thread, but I am curious, did you get a lot of bleed from CKPK 102.7 when you were trying to tune into 102.9?

Derail? It's crashed and burned, just like what happens to every other thread that veers OT after a handful of replies. Mods - can you PLEASE keep threads on this board on-topic?

I agree - The Tiger stations (even through they don't run 100% of maximum power) have much better signals than Cougar. Height is king. (no pun intended)

I agree - The Tiger stations (even through they don't run 100% of maximum power) have much better signals than Cougar. Height is king. (no pun intended)

I will say, the high ERP on the Cougar stations (for those that run the maximum allotment) allow the signal to sound nice in downtown Seattle. There have been times where I lose the the Tiger stations while descending too deep into a parkade, only to realize that there is quite a bit of life left in stations like KJR-FM or KUBE. When it comes to overall coverage, however, Tiger is indeed king!

Check out the coverage for KBDB over in Forks. 6,000 watts at -23 metres doesn't get them very far outside of town. However, their new CP signal at 492 metres is beyond impressive. Gotta love FM radio; the basic physics laws apply in just about every scenario.

Last edited:
Looking for new about Spike and Joe and find station coverage patterns????? Will Spike and Joe be on all these signals? Glad pot is legal here, couse I need a bowl after reading this!

Looking for new about Spike and Joe and find station coverage patterns????? Will Spike and Joe be on all these signals? Glad pot is legal here, couse I need a bowl after reading this!

I'm sure the conversation will re-rail itself after something interesting happens with Spike and Joe. As of right now, what's the difference?

Spike and Joe Facebook

Have no idea where they are going or what they are up to but they are busy on Facebook for sure. Spike and Joe show page is bigger than many in the market already.

Ping board member "Bongwater". He can help. :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom