• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Seattle-Tacoma Radio Ratings: Holiday 2014

Warm gets its usual Christmas bump, everything else pretty much the same. Yawn. Interestingly KIRO-FM and AM didn't see a big bump with the improved Seahawks performance.

Interesting that KBKS continues to tout themselves at "Seattle's #1 Hit Music Station"

6 year-olds with PPMs strapped on?

Shows how much influence one company can have on the process. We never cared about 6-12 range until Disney became a mainstream format.

Apparently something's wrong with KMPS? Granted, the holiday numbers are always skewed in favor of KRWM, but still, they're way behind the Wolf. Click at a 1.9? Ouch! Given how much of a failure Mix was in this market half a dozen or so years ago, how much you want to bet that they'll blow up Click sometime soon, try another nitch format that will eventually evolve and be #1 in the market in about 4 years?

We have way too many AC stations and KLCK-FM is expendable. Only problem is if they were to flip to something else, they'll flip to yet another "Heard one, you've heard them all" radio format....

Yep. The chances of getting Soft AC, a Bob FM to compete with Jack, FM Smooth Jazz, solid gold oldies and AAA are close to zero in Seattle. 98.9 could flip to one of these 4 formats and you'd hear more variety than "Click" has. KLCK is just a carbon copy of KPLZ with about two different songs than 101.5.
Pre-PPM KWJZ was one of the top stations in Seattle, heard at almost every doctor's office, workplace, and even in drive-home traffic in cars. Then it went down to #15 or #16 at the start of PPM. I think what killed KWJZ is how they HAD to tweak the smooth format to include many chill out and oddly-placed songs. I was hearing Jeff Beck's "Never Alone" at the end of the KWJZ run. That's instrumental rock, not smooth jazz.
Most likely if KLCK flips however, it will be to classic hip hop. That's been a big trend across America.

-crainbebo

Apparently something's wrong with KMPS? Granted, the holiday numbers are always skewed in favor of KRWM, but still, they're way behind the Wolf.

The Wolf is the king of country music in Seattle, no doubt about that. I don't think i've ever seen KMPS above The Wolf since i've been reading the ratings.

Hmm, KLCK doing Classic Hip-Hop, that would be one interesting move. I think KUBE would be the perfect stick for that format, but I don't think iHeart will do that. One other thing I noticed was that KCMS wasn't second this book, they were like fourth. I would have expected them to be higher up than that.

Simultaneously scary and hilarious how regulars in this forum are fixated on format names from the 1980s and don't know what formats are on what stations right now.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom