• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

New York Radio Ratings: Holiday 2014

pjc1961

Star Participant
The Holiday 2014 survey period covers Thu. 12/4/14-Wed. 12/31/14 -
publicly released data for subscribing stations age 6+ overall:

New York: http://ratings.radio-online.com/cgi-bin/rol.exe/arb001

Next report will be for the January 2015 survey period covering Thu. 1/1/15-Wed. 1/28/15.
The data release date will be Mon. 2/16/2015.

AllAccess.com Holiday 2014 PPM Analysis by Research Director Inc. includes
demo breakouts for the top 5 overall, top 5 in 25-54, top 5 in 18-34 and top 5 in 18-49
(New York is discussed first):

http://www.allaccess.com/net-news/a...rch-director-inc-presents-exclusive-holiday-p

huh.. I can't remember when Cooper left.. but it wouldn't surprise me if PLJ lost even more ratings when it happened. either that, or ALOT of people switched to lite. It'll be interesting to see if they drop even lower..

WABC held steady at 1.5 while WOR dropped from 1.4 to 1.1.

I know it's only one book so it could simply be noise but to me WABC is clearly the better station at the moment ... more local, less political.

Theoretically with the Rush and Hannity flip, WOR should be beating WABC 2:1. That is, if the previous ratings were accurate, which frankly I always doubted.

Bringing Rush and Sean to WOR didn't do anything to increase their ratings. Both are tired and old. Mark Simone is the only bright spot. Wonder if their new morning show will have any traction. WKXW(NJ 101.5) beat WOR and you can only get them clearly on Staten Island and parts of Brooklyn.

Funny you should mention. I've been searching for a decent morning show to stream and just started sampling 101.5. Not overly exciting but definitely a cut above the silliness that currently defines all the morning shows on the three NYC talkers. Maybe Schnitt & Berman will be different -- I'll keep an open mind.

Maybe Schnitt & Berman will be different -- I'll keep an open mind.

I doubt it, what is needed is a middle of the road alternative politically incorrect talk show host where both sides are wrong, and to be open minded about it. Like if you are an illegal then there will be no interpreters at immigration hearings, and if you cant read, write and speak our language then you are not serious about being here so you go home.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom