• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

'Buzzr TV' diginet

Will launch on Fox O&O's and will carry game shows.

Fox Television Stations has acquired rights to new multicast network Buzzr TV from FremantleMedia North America (FMNA) and Debmar-Mercury.

Buzzr TV will showcase FremantleMedia’s library of game show content in all 17 Fox O&O markets, including nine out of the top 10, and 14 out of the top 20 DMAs.

Thom Beers, CEO of FremantleMedia North America, has made launching this channel a top priority, he said. “FremantleMedia has consistently been the leader in the game show space, with long-running and more-popular-than-ever titles such as Family Feud and The Price is Right. When I joined the company two years ago, it became instantly clear that there was a huge opportunity for us to not only be a producer in the space, but also a programmer.

FremantleMedia is the owner of a game show library with more than 40,000 episodes of game shows of yesterday and today. Iconic titles that will be featured when the channel launches include Family Feud, featuring hosts Richard Dawson, Ray Combs, Louis Anderson, Richard Karn and John O’Hurley; Let’s Make a Deal, featuring host Monty Hall; as well as famed titles To Tell the Truth, Password, Match Game, Beat the Clock, What’s My Line, Blockbusters and Card Sharks.

http://www.tvnewscheck.com/article/82339/fox-oos-game-for-latest-diginet-buzzr-tv

Now were talking!
It's been far beyond time for Fremantle to release their iron grip on the Mark Goodson/Bill Todman library.
However, it sounds like the classic TPIR episodes with Bob Barker will remain in the vault for now.
I hope that changes.

This Would be one Diginet I would look forward to watch as MeTV Gets kinda stale and ThisTV airs movies
that were common on Independent stations in the Late 80's-Early 90's.

I like the idea since GSN is only running classic game shows in the morning now, but I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't make it to Memphis or Jackson, TN.

I wish that some of these new subchannels were available either online or through streaming boxes like Roku.

I like the idea since GSN is only running classic game shows in the morning now, but I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't make it to Memphis or Jackson, TN.

Include the Fort Myers/Naples FL market as well. Outside of ME-TV, the rest are either news/weather or Spanish-language networks.

I wish that some of these new subchannels were available either online or through streaming boxes like Roku.

Agreed.

Until Fox and Cox did that swap of a few stations, Memphis WOULD have been one (since Fox was O&O there)

Until Fox and Cox did that swap of a few stations, Memphis WOULD have been one (since Fox was O&O there)

For some reason though Charter in Jackson hasn't carried Movies, WHBQ's current subchannel, although they carry all of WREG's (Antenna TV and 24/7 news) and WMC's (Bounce and This, which recently changed to Grit)subchannels.

Last edited:

Get an 8 foot or larger C-band satellite dish and you'll be able to get most of these subchannels. If you can't go that large, a 3 footer (Ku dish) will still let you a see a few.

Why not just hame it BUZZ TV? Oh, that's right, that would only work in Colorado and a few other places. But, I'd like to see this in Atlanta. Those shows are not covered. However, getting a new sub channel here is like digging the Panama Canal, very long shot.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom