• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WOR (morning)

U

Unregistered

Barsky & Bartlett on WOR seem a bit uneasy on the air.
Maybe because the ax can fall at any hour in radio.

Maybe it's because Barsky is only mediocre at what she does. Joe's a pro but he needs a good partner to work with.

How about The Radio Chick with Bartlett on WOR. ?
Or has Leslie Gold given up on radio? Or has radio given up on her?

I liked her with Lionel on Philly 106.9 talk when it was here... So what's with WOR..they were supposed to get a permanent host..since Elliot didnt work out for some reason. It's AM radio.. You've got to use alot of word of mouth to get listeners on AM.... What are they talking about..and why is it Tuesday through Friday..who's on Monday?

clear channel ( I--Heart Media) appears to have purchased WOR in order to air
'Rush, Hannity & the Mets. They don't seem too concerned about the morning show so far.

clear channel ( I--Heart Media) appears to have purchased WOR in order to air
'Rush, Hannity & the Mets. They don't seem too concerned about the morning show so far.

Maybe they can turn the morning time slot over to the public.. or do brokered progamming?

There's a brilliant idea...radio karaoke.

Better than dead air.. a locally produced talk show with local hosts.. Have try outs and the listeners pick the host they want .. not someone some PD has already picked for the show. They let listeners rate new songs before added..why not hosts. It's NYC ..might go over..

It's NYC ..might go over..

It's been done elsewhere. It's a lot of work. Seems to me that's how they came up with Curtis Sliwa. The reality is people are going to complain regardless. They don't like professionals, and they'll find nasty things to say about the amateurs too.

FWIW, at least Barsky had a LOT of energy in the morning to keep people engaged. She was a little limited on her reach I imagine for some, but she did tackle local issues with gusto. She lacked a filter that prevents a lot of people from being entertaining.

I tuned in to Len and Todd this morning and for the 20 minutes that I was able to listen, the only thing they did was refer to "viral videos" and play the audio of said videos. Relying on sight medium references on an audio platform is totally unlistenable and lazy.

The show sounds pretty uninspired. Much like the kind of stuff you hear on local stations around the country.

Len & Todd don't seem very compatible. ( an old guy & a young guy).
It took WOR a year to come up with this brilliant idea?
How long is their contract?
Better have Hilarie Barsky standing by in case she's needed again.

Folks, understand one thing here, WOR is NOT about New York City. It is about clearing and possibly developing syndication product. personally, I doubt IHM would have bought that relic had the Citadel sale not kicked their gasbags off 770.

WOR does have a nice modern RF plant thanks to Tom Ray.....and the taxpayers of New Jersey.

LCG

Folks, understand one thing here, WOR is NOT about New York City. It is about clearing and possibly developing syndication product.

Then why the local NYC morning show? That's what this thread is about.

Maybe I'm missing something, but this company has never really "developed" a new national talk show. They picked up a few already-successful shows. But the rest of their talk programming, if you look at their stations around the country, is mostly local.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom