• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

SXMPR Being Replaced By "Insight"

I hope that this finally spurs NPR to do something, anything, with their NPR Now channel. It could be really great, and instead it's full of clunkers. I know they can't air ME and ATC because the affiliates would mutiny. But why not air some of the excellent podcast shows they produce? Pick up more of the great programming from the affiliates, etc.

Many of the shows that are available via podcasts, are not NPR produced shows, but NPR pays independent producers or some NPR affiliate stations (American Public Media, WBUR, WNYC, etc.) for the shows. I imagine there may be additional costs to NPR to air those shows on Sirius/XM.

Okay, I will suggest some podcasts that (as far as I know) are NPR in house productions which could be aired on NPR Now but aren't:
Bullseye, All Songs Considered, Pop Culture Happy Hour, How To Do Everything, Microphone Check, Planet Money, Invisibilia

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom