• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Bob Seger Songs

I recall "Against the Wind" (the full, five-minute version) being on a compilation CD that my then-country station had. We were NOT forbidden from playing it, and it even came up in the rotation every once in a while.

The song didn't chart on Billboard's country chart at all. That doesn't mean it didn't get an occasional spin on a country station, but not enough to register.

Seger used the Muscle Shoals Rhythm Section on this album, many of whom have been part of country songs. In fact piano player Barry Beckett went on to become a successful Nashville producer.

Also, Seger's music influenced some 90s country stars, most notably Garth Brooks. He recorded Against The Wind for his covers album a few years ago, and invited Seger to take part in Brooks' induction into the Country Music Hall of Fame.

Hmm, no love for "Turn the Page"?
Maybe after what Metallica did, they don't want anything to do with the song.

If I haven't posted here, "Old Time Rock and Roll" is my favorite. The Chevy commercials helped be like "Like a Rock". "Against the Wind", "Still the Same", "Shame on the Moon" and "Night Moves" are okay. I prefer Kenny Rogers and Sheena Easton on "We've Got Tonight" but he's okay.

On Facebook, under the "Lost Hits (M.I.A.)" threads, there's a topic by Darian Dennison on which of the two songs people and listeners prefer: "Old Time Rock and Roll" or "Fire Lake". Overwhelmingly, "Fire Lake" is the much better choice of the two songs, but is ignored by radio.

Personally, I much prefer 1980's "Fire Lake" and 1977/78's "Night Moves" and "Still the Same".

What are your thoughts and conclusions on Bob Seger Music and airplay today?

Fire Lake and Still the Same have always been by far my two favorites. When I used to go to school up in Boston, I heard 100.7 WZLX play Fire Lake once. Also have heard Fire Lake on 88.9 WJMJ out of Hartford, a religious affiliated station.

Ron Sedaille's Internet radio station Fun Tower Radio played Shame on the Moon once (I believe it was 2017 when I heard it), but it wasn't when Ron was actually live on the air.

If one was in range of CKLW, you heard the really early stuff like "Heavy Music" and the original "Ramblin' Gamblin' Man".

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom