• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Eric von Haessler subbing for Kaedy Kiely on River

jabba17

Star Participant
EvH was on The River this morning handling Kaedy's shift. He seemed to do a pretty good job, although he's no substitute for Kaedy (not many if any are).

Think this might be a trial run for EvH on The River, maybe in a different daypart? Heck, could Cox wind up putting TRG back together once Larry Wachs's noncompete (if any) is up?

I don't know enough of the inside baseball to know if there are really any real chemistry etc. issues between von Haessler and Wachs.

How is River doing in-demo among the various dayparts? Is one daypart weaker than the others?

Eric has also been subbing for Mark Arum on WSB and doing a conservative talk show, which is quite different from Mark's lighter fare.

I personally think that Eric's future with Cox is in talk. I don't always agree with him, but he's smart and passionate about his points-of-view. I would not be surprised if when Herman Cain hangs up his headphones and retires, whenever that may be, Eric would assume the shift and become a talk radio star.

Good Point Roddy! I think he would be great in a talk radio roll. I've listened to him some and he appears to be more Libertarian than your typical Limbaughs or Hannity and he does piss people off. Perhaps a true replacement to old Boortz?

Cain doesn't cut it for me because he is dry and well, I am more libertarian myself as compared to Limbaugh and Hannity so neither of those do it for me either. Lots of people my age (32) have my same opinion on this as well.

And zero percent chance Larry and Eric will ever be reunited. That partnership is over. And yes, Eric is certainly waiting on deck for a spot to open at WSB.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom