• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

101.1 FM Las Vegas

FCC data base shows a new 101.1 in Las Vegas NV with a CP. Looks like an LP station. Owned by Liberty Baptist Church. Could be testing.

Could be KPKK out of Amargosa Valley. It was a simulcast of KOAS under the previous owners. It's been silent for quite some time. I wouldn't be surprised if it has signed on to keep the license alive.

I picked it up on the Strip, and the signal lasted at least 8 or 10 miles past it heading north. A little scratchy, but listenable. As I said, no IDs, no jocks, nothing but mostly instrumental smooth jazz.

It's obviously KPPK, which ran smooth jazz before and if you look up the license, needs to be on air at least occasionally to preserve the investment. The smallest amount of research makes this evident. It's not the LPFM, so I don't see why you're refusing to accept the facts. It's quite clear what it is, and why it's on the air right now.

Very scratchy this AM on the way to work crossing the strip on Flamingo. If it's KBKK I'd be surprised. Their STA expires January 28th, 2015, but even with a 50 KW signal they are a long way and a big mountain between them and the LV strip.

Off air now. Do you remember a while back somebody was playing Rush Limbaugh reruns in the afternoon--was that maybe on 101.1? Can't quite remember now. That was maybe two years ago; perhaps there's a connection.

Pebble, for goodness sakes.

You've been informed that this is obviously to preserve the KPKK license, as you could see by researching with google. It is KPKK testing with smooth jazz as they programmed before. KPKK has never aired Rush Limbaugh or any other form of talk. Can it be made any clearer to you?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom