• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

"Bday" operating illegally

P

Pat3

AM 970 in Brandon has been dead air for at least 2 weeks now, but the 99.1 translator is still broadcasting. I was under the assumption that when the parent station goes off the air, that the FM translator is also supposed to sign off. The FM seems to be getting out a little farther lately. I wonder if they have boosted the power. It is supposed to be 99 watts.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's been off the air for over a month now, no carrier. The FM translator is still broadcasting without the AM. Anyone know why?

Under the rules, any translator is supposed to go off the air when its parent station drops off the RF as well (regardless of how the xlator is fed, its carrier must be controlled by the carrier of the main signal)...BUT AM->FM translators have an exemption......they can stay on up to 24 hours after the AM carrier dumps (this allows the translators to remain on overnight for those AM daytimer only stations that own the FM xlator as well).....BUT cmon, you think they really watch that??

HA and I have Arizona ocean front property for sale for yo to buy at a steal of a price!!! :)

SMH

The AM station has been off the air for months but the translator is still operating.

They SHOULD fix the AM station. The coverage is better on AM especially in Rankin County where the transmitter is located. 99.1 barely makes it into Brandon.

I agree...on all three counts.
1. They SHOULD fix the AM station
2. The coverage is better on AM especially in Rankin County where the transmitter is located
3. 99.1 barely makes it into Brandon

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom