• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

ION Television Expands Hours in January 2015

This January ION Television is going to bring in two more hours each day to its line-up. Currently ION Television airs programming from 11am-3am each day, but starting Monday, January 5, 2015, ION will expand to 9am-3am. In addition, the short-lived Criminal Minds spin-off series Criminal Minds: Suspect Behavior will join the line-up and air Saturdays at 9pm & 10pm beginning Jan. 10. On Mondays and Tuesdays, Flashpoint will air 9am-1pm into Criminal Minds from 1pm-11pm. Monday nights from 11pm-3am is more Flashpoint, while Tuesdays will have The Listener. Wed-Sat will have dramas from 9am-6pm, with NUMB3RS on Wednesdays, Blue Bloods on Thursdays, Rookie Blue on Fridays, and Criminal Minds on Saturdays. Then from 6pm-3am, its more drama stacks with Cold Case on Wednesdays, Blue Bloods on Thursdays, Law & Order: Criminal Intent on Fridays, and Criminal Minds on Saturdays (with Criminal Minds: Suspect Behavior at 9pm & 10pm). The Listener actually also airs Saturdays from 11pm-3am. On Sundays, we have a children's E/I block from 9am-12pm then it is ION Television at the movies, with blockbuster films from 12pm-3am. There could be a Married...with Children filler in late night around 2am or 2:30am, if needed. Stay with us for any further updates.

http://blog.sitcomsonline.com/2014/12/ion-television-expands-hours-in-january.html

As they air off-network repeats, is ION considered a "television program service" as opposed to being a network, like My Network TV?

To me ION seems to be the OTA equivalent of a cable channel, and actually fits in more with what the major subchannels are doing now. Although they don't have much programming that I want to see at least it isn't all infomercials except for prime time any more.

I liked it better when they attempted to become a retro TV network, similar to what Me TV or Antenna TV are now, but that didn't last long. Their biggest problem at that time was being overloaded with infomercials.

I don't watch them. All that CRIME-DRAMA, they must think they are the CW. They sure have moved away from the "family" programming they started with. New slogan: "Blood, guts, murder.....we cover it all, all day long iON (It's Our Nature)."

In the Jackson TN area ION is in effect a cable channel anyway because what we get is the national feed and there's no local station.

I definitely agree that they've gotten away from their days of trying to be a family oriented channel. I also miss when they had Friday and Saturday late night contemporary Christian music programming. I wonder at times if they had gone with more regular programming from the beginning and not depending so much on infomercials if earlier versions of PAX or I might have been more successful.

Last edited:
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom